I downloaded modern cpmbat 4.bar for playbook. I started to install it on my 16gb playbook. I had 4.8 gb memory left. The game was installing and soon there was only 900mb left at 54% installation. I canceled the installation and uninstalled the game. I then rebooted the playbook and found that there was 1.6 gb less memory in that. There should be 4.8gb after uninsallation, but i get only 3.2gb!! I tried everything to get that 1.6gb back. I uninstalled the game from playbook several times, but there was still 3.2gb. I just dont know how can i get my 4.8gb full in my playbook!!! I can't completely uninstall apps via ddpb from playbook. I tried file expert app, that didnt help me!
    Plz help!!!
    07-15-13 06:09 AM
    How can you uninstall the same game several times?
    Do you still see it on the Playbook?

Completely reboot the Playbook again. It can take a couple of reboots to wipe out temporary files.
    07-15-13 07:21 AM
    You could try using Chrome and the add-in Playbook App Manager.

I guess you could try removing (first copying it to a computer or wherever) some other data, photos, videos, music, etc to free up sufficient space to fully install that app. Once installed you could see if the UNinstall removes it all. REBOOT as suggested after the UNinstall. Then restore your other data.

Also Quick App Manager is an Android App that can UNinstall apps. But whether it can find a partial install I don't know.
    07-15-13 08:14 AM
    I can't uninstall the game! When i uninstall with ddpb, it shows that the game was uninstalled. But actually, it was not. If it was really uninstalled, i could see my 1.6gb back! i tried blackberry playbook app manager in chrome. I have deleted every sideloaded games from playbook. Every game was successfully deleted except that modern combat 4. Restoring the playbook needs a wifi. But i dont have any wifi.
    If there is a way to restore the playbook without wifi, tell me.

And by the way, do the backup of the playbook contains the sideloaded apps? I have like 10gbs of apps, but the backup file is only 4.5gb.
    i dont see the app in playbook anymore, but my playbook memory is missing. I have done couple of reboots (10 or 12) and that didnt help.

My playbook is only 16gb. I deleted all sideloaded apps and got 4.8gb memory free. the game is like 1 gb. But when installing with ddpb, my playbook storage decreased to 900mb. I can't delete any apps cause If i delete them, i need to buy them again. I can delete only the sideloaded apps.
    Last edited by Fatema Ratna; 07-15-13 at 09:25 AM.
    07-15-13 09:12 AM
    did you read f2's post properly? Check your pb with a file manager like ghost commander, which allows you to see all sorts of folders with files. if memory serves, games like mc are well zipped and unzip on installation making data folders in different places. one such folder will contain extra files for mc (it maybe under the publisher name). you find those folders and delete them.
    good luck
    07-15-13 10:00 AM
    I can't uninstall the game! When i uninstall with ddpb, it shows that the game was uninstalled. But actually, it was not. If it was really uninstalled, i could see my 1.6gb back! i tried blackberry playbook app manager in chrome. I have deleted every sideloaded games from playbook. Every game was successfully deleted except that modern combat 4. Restoring the playbook needs a wifi. But i dont have any wifi.
    If there is a way to restore the playbook without wifi, tell me.

And by the way, do the backup of the playbook contains the sideloaded apps? I have like 10gbs of apps, but the backup file is only 4.5gb.
    i dont see the app in playbook anymore, but my playbook memory is missing. I have done couple of reboots (10 or 12) and that didnt help.

My playbook is only 16gb. I deleted all sideloaded apps and got 4.8gb memory free. the game is like 1 gb. But when installing with ddpb, my playbook storage decreased to 900mb. I can't delete any apps cause If i delete them, i need to buy them again. I can delete only the sideloaded apps.
    Backups do not include side loaded apps!

DDPB is intended to load them, not unload them.

Remember how your pc works? Delete a program, yes but the data still remains. All it does is delete the directory entry for the app. Your pc tells you it's gone but it is actually still there until it gets ovetwritten!

Two choices! Remove all files with files and folders or ghost commander, or do a security wipe and reinstall! Your call?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:10 AM
    FWIW, using DDPB, bar files get transferred over to the PB BEFORE the installation begins. After transfer, I believe, files get extracted and installed from the file transferred, and at the end of the install the temp files get deleted. By canceling the install, you cut out the cleanup part of the install. I'd clear up space on the PB, then reinstall the bar and let the install compete. Then you can uninstall and hopefully you'll get your space back.
    07-15-13 11:12 AM
    I can't clear up any spaces now! But i dont understand how could 1gb game take up 5gb during installation?? I have some games in the playbook that i have downloaded free from the appworld, but now if i delete them to make space, i need to pay for them. I deleted all sideloaded games and apps and got only 5gb. thats not enough for mc4. the temp file takes up more space than the installation file. I have enough space for that game, but the temp files are taking that space. And i dont want my playbook to be fulled to the brim. I have seen many threads that people have fulled their playbook to the brim and their playbook got permanent slowdown.

Can you give me a link to ghost commander?
    07-16-13 12:27 AM
    Ghost Commander is in Blackberry World.
    07-16-13 08:41 AM
    I dont have any wifi. I need a bar file of ghost commander.
    07-16-13 11:34 AM
    Usually, I would recommend

goodereader.com but they seem to be down at the moment.
    07-16-13 12:16 PM
    I have backed up my playbook before installing mc4. Will the backup contain the sideloaded apps? OR will it contain only the apps i've downloaded from appworld?
    07-17-13 03:09 AM
    Backups will only contain Appworld (bbworld) apps. Sideloaded apps are not backed up. But you can sideload them again. In addition, if you have purchased apps from appworld, you can download them again by hitting the UNINSTALLED tab/button at the top left area.
    07-17-13 08:55 AM
    Just tell me how to delete the partial 54% installed app.
    07-24-13 11:47 AM
    will ya tell me??
    08-22-13 05:48 AM
    will ya tell me??
    Do you have wifi yet? What have you tried since your previous posts? FWIW, Modern Combat 4 is a paid app in App World, and the sideloading (piracy) of these apps is frowned upon in these parts. As an aside, I have a bar file on my PC that is about 500MB in size. I extracted the files from the bar using 7Zip, and the extracted files were almost double the size of the original bar. So a 1GB bar file, plus 2GB of extracted install files, plus 2GB of installed files, equals 5GB. Maybe this answers your question of how a 1GB file turns into 5GB.
    08-22-13 11:12 AM
    Fatema, read this
    Backups do not include side loaded apps!

DDPB is intended to load them, not unload them.

Remember how your pc works? Delete a program, yes but the data still remains. All it does is delete the directory entry for the app. Your pc tells you it's gone but it is actually still there until it gets ovetwritten!

Two choices! Remove all files with files and folders or ghost commander, or do a security wipe and reinstall! Your call?

Posted via CB10
    THAT'S HOW.
    08-22-13 01:28 PM
    Fatema, read this

THAT'S HOW.
    That's how? Except for the fact that virtually everything in the post you quoted is completely wrong.
    08-22-13 02:46 PM
    That's how? Except for the fact that virtually everything in the post you quoted is completely wrong.
    OK cleverclogs I meant the last paragraph, the bit that was relevant to the question. He was supposed to pick the bones out of it himself.

"Two choices! Remove all files with files and folders or ghost commander, or do a security wipe and reinstall! Your call?"

Which I believe to be correct
    Last edited by jarviser; 08-23-13 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Typos
    08-23-13 05:56 PM
    Remove all files with files and folders or ghost commander
    That assumes two things- (1) that you can find the files using Ghost or F&F, and (2) that you can actually delete them if found. Many files cannot be deleted using file browsers.
    08-23-13 06:43 PM
    ghost commander
    08-25-13 12:54 PM
    ghost commander
    I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that you used Ghost to try to delete files, and if you are, did you have any luck with either finding or deleting the files?
    08-25-13 12:58 PM
    i cant find the files.
    08-28-13 07:01 AM
    where is that partial app located? i searched everywhere with ghost commander. no luck!
    08-29-13 10:22 AM
    plz tell me where it is located! i cant find the apps.
    how to find sideloaded apps with ghost commander in playbook?
    08-30-13 08:59 AM
30 12