I have searched and tried the various things I have found but no luck getting my PB to back up to my PC. Other then I cannot get it to do a hard reset and the power button is working find and I have done it in the order suggested in various posts.

As background.

- running os 2.0.0.6149
    - desktop software is up to date
    - I can back up my 9900 no problem
    - when I connect PB to computer it is recognized and I can see it as a drive and drag flies from it to my desktop
    - using windows 7 and it will not back up at office or on my home machine
    - if i just back up the settings it will back up so I know I have all the settings correct
    - if I attempt to back up app data (about 600 MB) it bogs down at about 100 mb and I get a message that "There was an error backing up - there could be a problem with the device or connection" - know that is not the case as it is still recognized as a drive and I can access files on the PB from my computer

suggestions?
    01-12-12 10:00 AM
    It sounds as if you have searched. So, you do not have a RECIPE app installed (don't recall its name) that has been known to cause backup failure. Similarly, a gps Map app (on-device) can also cause problems. You have turned off wifi and bt?

You might try turning on Developer Mode in the Security Options.

And I don't know the implications of the beta on this.
    01-12-12 10:30 AM
    so I have both poynt, MapApp and PC Receipes app's loaded. If you haven't tried Poynt give it a whirl, it is great and I have it on my 9900 as well. Great for finding restaurants, theaters, businesses etc as well as weather etc etc and it links to the GPS to allow mapping to a business etc.

Anyway I decided to delete PC Receipies first and try a back up and if that didn't work then MappApp etc.

The good news is as soon as I delelted PC Receipies back up worked perfectly.

did not put into development mode first by the way band both wifi and bluetooth were on.
    01-12-12 06:53 PM
    Yay, one more confirmation. Still hoping to find anyone left who can't back up Application data, and who has an app other than Recipe Box or the on-device map apps which is preventing it. Must be a few more out there since we had this problem before either came out, I believe.
    01-12-12 07:00 PM
    Only have a few apps, including Battery Guru (), but still cannot back up: DTM still crashes -- RIM on it but no luck yet. Just downloaded XP Pro updates and maybe that will fix it. Or perhaps OS 2...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-683951/.
    01-12-12 07:41 PM
    Other apps include What's Up (awesome), Crackberry (awesome but an app?), Huffington Posy (ditto), and Weathereye.
    01-12-12 07:44 PM
    Probably has nothing to do with it but do you have the netframeworks installed from optional windows updates?
    01-12-12 08:24 PM
    I having the same problem, not being able to back up, but no receipe app on mine.
    01-12-12 09:01 PM
    Yay, one more confirmation. Still hoping to find anyone left who can't back up Application data, and who has an app other than Recipe Box or the on-device map apps which is preventing it. Must be a few more out there since we had this problem before either came out, I believe.
    Mine will not back up either. Seems to have started sometime after I purchased Antair Nightstand App. I do not have any recipe apps...

I have not tried very hard at resolving this since I don't have too much on the PB that isn't also saved somewhere else...
    01-12-12 09:02 PM
    Probably has nothing to do with it but do you have the netframeworks installed from optional windows updates?
    Not as far as I know kbz -- just clicked the express update. I'll attempt some back-ups on two different laptops on the weekend (XP Pro and Vista, the latter of which I may be able to upgrade to 7). Thanks.
    01-13-12 09:55 AM
    so I have both poynt, MapApp and PC Receipes app's loaded. If you haven't tried Poynt give it a whirl, it is great and I have it on my 9900 as well. Great for finding restaurants, theaters, businesses etc as well as weather etc etc and it links to the GPS to allow mapping to a business etc.

Anyway I decided to delete PC Receipies first and try a back up and if that didn't work then MappApp etc.

The good news is as soon as I delelted PC Receipies back up worked perfectly.

did not put into development mode first by the way band both wifi and bluetooth were on.
    PC Recipes is the culprit. I had that issue a week ago or so and when deleted (PC Recipe) a back-up went without issue.
    01-13-12 10:03 AM
    I have 2 pb's. The newer 64Gb backs up fine, but the 32Gb doesn't. I removed the MapApp and PC Receipes from the 32Gb, rebooted it, tried backup but still no luck.
    01-13-12 10:38 AM
    Those saying you don't have those apps but still have problems, please note that if you have different symptoms, it's a very likely different problem.

The issue with the "too many files" apps causing backup problems is specifically that backup of Settings or Media works just fine, and Desktop Manager doesn't crash, yet if you try to back up All or any custom combination involving Application Data, it will get part-way along and then pause for a long time, then show an error.

If you've got anything else going on, it's probably not the same issue.
    01-13-12 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD