slider toggles won't move from their current positions...tried a hard reset...any ideas?
    05-01-11 02:50 PM
    i had this happen at one point, eventually it just fixed itself.
    05-01-11 02:58 PM
    thanks...always good to know it isn't just me....i will see what happens
    05-01-11 03:00 PM
    I wasn't able to adjust the screen brightness when out in the daylight. I think in the daylight or very bright ambient, it just automatically goes to the brightest settings. When I went indoors, the adjustment worked again.

Robert
    leo1055 and soney1 like this.
    05-01-11 03:02 PM
    I wasn't able to adjust the screen brightness when out in the daylight. I think in the daylight or very bright ambient, it just automatically goes to the brightest settings. When I went indoors, the adjustment worked again.

Robert
    yup you are right! i am on my roof deck in full sun....thanks
    05-01-11 03:05 PM
    yup you are right! i am on my roof deck in full sun....thanks
    I figured that one out on the second day I had it. I was outside on the deck and had the problem, went inside and it worked.

It may be a default so if you have the screen brightness down low and then go outside, you will be able to see the screen. I have been around boats a bit and that is one of the first FAQs for marine displays. People turn them down at night and then the next day in the daylight they can't see anything and think it is broken. Blackberry may just be catching this before it becomes a problem or it may be a part of the QNX os.

Robert
    PadreTremtU likes this.
    05-01-11 03:47 PM
    I am having this problem right now in of all places - Seattle. But i did not realize the the slider would not move. it is at the halfway point so I was really trying to move it. I was ready to drill into the screen. So even if the slider is not topped out, you are saying that the brightness is at the top of its range?
    05-12-11 07:08 PM
    yup happened to me too. i figured out that whenever a bright light is hitting the sensor at the top bezel, next to the Front facing camera, the slider toggle for screen brightness would lockout. try covering the sensor with ur finger (the red led thing to the left of the camera) until u see the screen brightness auto adjust (if u have auto adjust enabled). then, while keeping ur finger over the sensor, open the screen brightness adjustment menu and u'll be able to adjust it.

this also worked for me when i already had the menu open and then covered the sensor and waited for the brightness slider to come alive again.

seems though that with auto adjust enabled, it comes close to max brightness anyways when in a very bright environment.

hope that helps!
    PadreTremtU likes this.
    05-12-11 08:10 PM
    All you have to do is turn the auto adjustment feature off and it will allow you to adjust the brightness no matter what.
    05-12-11 09:50 PM
    I just played a little and probably blinded my pb using my Surefire high output flashlight.
    05-12-11 10:01 PM
    if the slider doesnt move press the screen against your chest or cover the screen with something to trick it into thinking it is dark, then the slider works. weird little bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 10:08 PM
    Been having same issues. Will try these tips that seem to make sense. I notice same results but that's when in bright sun. Thanks.
    08-13-11 12:09 PM
    I've found that the slider in the settings menu doesn't work on mine, but if i tap the battery icon in the top right, I can use that slider no matter where I am, outside or not. Hope that helps some people.
    08-13-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD