Hi,

I was having issues with the Messages app not working correctly. I would have to restart my PB for Messages to start working again.

So I did a security wipe on my PB last night and tried to reinstall the OS. All went well except that now I can't add any hotmail accounts. I get this error...

"Account Hotmail - xxxx@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings"

Does anyone know what that means?

I have search this forum and others and can't seem to find an answer. I have been trying all day to add one of my hotmail accounts and I keep getting this error. I have also tried several security wipes hoping there was a bug during the install. Nothing seems to be working. Its soooo frustrating.

Thanks
    07-15-12 05:43 PM
    You didn't say how you tried to set it up, but I have found I need to do setup as follows.

Settings / Accounts / Add new Account / Email, calendar and contacts, then type in your hotmail email address and password, BUT DO NOT CLICK Continue. Select the Advanced Setup, then Hotmail and go from there.
    07-15-12 06:03 PM
    I have tried both methods. Clicking continue as well as going to advanced settings. Neither seems to work.

Unless there is a setting under advanced that I am forgetting. m.hotmail.com is my server and I have ssl on. What else am I missing?
    07-15-12 06:53 PM
    Did you shut down and restart before trying the advanced vs continue method to clear caches? I have found my method works but only works if it starts with a clean 'memory'.
    07-15-12 07:09 PM
    I figured it out.

Apparently there have been some server changes which created some problems with the m.hotmail.com servers.

The work around is to use alternative servers. Here's the link...

KB32048-When Integrating Hotmail through Simple Integration on the BlackBerry PlayBook the following appears "Account Hotmail - <username>@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings"
    rcm1301, schiri, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    07-15-12 08:31 PM
    Thank you sooooooo much! I was having this same problem!
    09-28-12 09:39 AM
    Yes, thanks, that helps re-setting up an Exchange account.

But this here ...

Hi,

I was having issues with the Messages app not working correctly. I would have to restart my PB for Messages to start working again.
    ... remains unfixed between Microsoft and RIM. I can hardly run PB one day before the connection is lost. No incoming emails, manual sync fails, calender behaves the same I think, and once I could not even add an calender entry, it vanished after save. Only reboot helped.

Is it related to the accumulating count of duplicate email folders and calenders?

No bugfix in 2.0, unknown perspective in 2.1 (what does the beta do?).

On of the master issues for me, using the PB as the Family Calender Viewer and Editor, and email-central for my wife. Those functions should be working on a RIM system that used to address enterprise customers in the past.

Was there any announcement by RIM? Shall we mass-bugreport that, for relativly many people report that?

I dont want to rant, but push and ask for progress.

Ray
    09-28-12 10:40 AM
    I'm not sure the problem is with RIM at all. I'm having similar problems getting hotmail on my smart phone which has the old Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
    09-28-12 11:09 AM
    I'm not sure the problem is with RIM at all. I'm having similar problems getting hotmail on my smart phone which has the old Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
    I know - thats why I wrote "between Microsoft and RIM" ... but

if rebooting the PB helps to reconnect, RIM has to improve that (i.e. silently reconnecting at least)

If my bada phone dont duplicate folders, its a RIM problem (but the bada has other stability problems with AES, so you could be right)

At least RIM can get in contact with hotmail team or AES team to resolve such issues. RIM stood for reliability of services. Its their interest to get thungs running.

I don't want to convince you, I like sharing such thoughts between us.

Ray
    09-28-12 11:21 AM
    I recently got a PB and have had this issue for some time. My resolution was simply looking at the setup on my HTC Desire-Z (Android) and it shows the server as snt-m.hotmail.com and low and behold it worked. Im not sure if there are any limitations on that server but it setup fine and got me where I need to be. Try that.
    09-30-12 08:41 AM
    Log in on a browser and look at the address bar. What is shown there is the one you need to use.
    09-30-12 09:43 AM
    and it shows the server as snt-m.hotmail.com and low and behold it worked.
    that s exactly what the link further above states. and there are more servernames to try than snt-m.

so you were trying to help ... good ... please think about editing your post and also add that link to that kb article, so people in future ar better guided when seeking for help

Ray

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    09-30-12 09:56 AM
    Log in on a browser and look at the address bar. What is shown there is the one you need to use.
    not necessarily! i havent heard such a different one works in providing exchange active sync ...

Have you *tested* that????

Ray

09-30-12 09:58 AM
    not necessarily! i havent heard such a different one works in providing exchange active sync ...

Have you *tested* that????

Ray

Well many have used this to find the xxx- they need to put in front m.hotmail.com so I think it's a pretty good shot.
    09-30-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD