Got a new playbook and was able to connect to wifi. Did the update to 2.0. But on reboot got the activation wizard and no wifi.

So how can I get wifi to work or activate the playbook without wifi. I tried the hard reset by doing the power+up+down volume combo but it comes back to the activation
    04-04-12 01:28 PM
    so youre out of WiFi now? or it is not seeing your router?

I had this issue on my Wife's and I reset the router... all was good after that
    04-04-12 01:33 PM
    I tried at two different location where other devices could see 2 to 5 wifi network. Playbook 0.
    04-04-12 01:36 PM
    It sounds like you may be using neighboring routers/wi-fi's. Your best best is to go to a Starbucks or Mickey D's and use their wi-fi to complete your setup...that's what I did before I finally got wi-fi hooked up.
    04-04-12 01:42 PM
    It just strange that my blackberry can see me wifi and not the playbook. I even tried at work and it's the same scenario
    04-04-12 01:52 PM
    It just strange that my blackberry can see me wifi and not the playbook. I even tried at work and it's the same scenario
    You have to reload the OS onto the playbook....
    Turn off the playbook, use the USB cable and connect it to a computer. When Desktop manager opens up and says that it cannot connect to your device, click "Update" and reload OS 2 on it. That worked for me
    04-04-12 01:55 PM
    Playbook has issues connecting to WAP2 at the moment :S
    HOWEVER, if you can't see them with playbook, it means that those networks are LAN
    IF it is your comp that can see them, well ya. Your comp has a stronger wifi card than your playbook does. When it is your phone, especially iphone, androids, etc, they will show up random networks that you can't connect to...
    04-04-12 01:56 PM
    That's interesting. That playbook have an issue with WPA2 because the networks I'm trying to connect to are WPA2.
    dan_dollar likes this.
    04-04-12 02:04 PM
    Playbook has issues connecting to WAP2 at the moment :S
    HOWEVER, if you can't see them with playbook, it means that those networks are LAN
    IF it is your comp that can see them, well ya. Your comp has a stronger wifi card than your playbook does. When it is your phone, especially iphone, androids, etc, they will show up random networks that you can't connect to...
    FALSE! My playbook can connect to my wap2 router and works very fast, so I don't know why your saying that! Sounds like his wifi took a crapper or something didn't get installed properly...his only choice is to do the de-brick method and re-install from scratch
    04-04-12 02:30 PM
    How do I go about de-bricking it
    04-04-12 02:44 PM
    Unplug your router and restart it. Delete any saved wifi profiles. Reboot your Playbook. Connect the two together.
    04-04-12 05:43 PM
    Unplug your router and restart it. Delete any saved wifi profiles. Reboot your Playbook. Connect the two together.
    His at the setup, no way to have saved wifi profiles.

If you can't see the networks to even atempt to connect it has nothing to do with wpa2 security.

Faulty wifi? Call RIM,they are very helpful and professional. Had two PlayBooks replaced yesterday.

To debrick you turn the PB completely off. Plug into PC with the desktop manager open, turn pb on, dm will prompt you to upgrade. It will reload the os.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 04-04-12 at 05:53 PM.
    04-04-12 05:50 PM
    I had a clients PB do the same thing, like the wireless radio chip went bad. Had to call support, go through the debrick process & verify it was not the OS. Then they replaced it quickly.
    04-04-12 08:42 PM
    I had a clients PB do the same thing, like the wireless radio chip went bad. Had to call support, go through the debrick process & verify it was not the OS. Then they replaced it quickly.
    thats what I'm thinking...he might have to replace it which sucks
    04-04-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD