I've got a 64 GB Playbook. Shortly after purchase, I used Desktop to connect and export my mp3 music files from my PC to the Playbook, and it worked fine.

I just tried to connect and export a few more CD's which I've purchased in the time since then, and it doesn't work. On the Playbook, the screen says "Connected to Computer", but on the PC, the Desktop says "An error occurred connecting your device to your computer".

Same cables, same software, nothing I can tell has changed since it worked the first time, but it doesn't work now...except I also purchased a Z10 and installed the "Link" software. Would Link prevent Desktop from working?
    12-10-13 09:06 AM
    Try turning off WIFI.
    12-10-13 09:28 AM
    you could try this.
    12-10-13 10:42 AM
    I figured out how to connect using the cable, then opened "My Computer" on the PC, where I could see the Playbook as another drive. From there it was easy to just drag and drop the music folders from the PC to the Playbook. Thanks for the help.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-10-13 12:16 PM
    I figured out how to connect using the cable, then opened "My Computer" on the PC, where I could see the Playbook as another drive. From there it was easy to just drag and drop the music folders from the PC to the Playbook. Thanks for the help.
    That is the most reliable and stable way to copy files from PC to PB. WIFI does work, just one more thing to cause an issue.
    Glad you got it worked out.

c
    12-10-13 03:40 PM
    if you like that, you'll love this,,, just make sure wifi sharing is enabled...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    12-12-13 05:55 AM
    if you like that, you'll love this,,, just make sure wifi sharing is enabled...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    I always find that with large files (or multiples making it a large transfer) moving over wifi takes an inordinately long time.
    12-12-13 06:01 AM
    I always find that with large files (or multiples making it a large transfer) moving over wifi takes an inordinately long time.
    i might depend on router & network,,, mine doesn't seem to bad...
    12-12-13 06:17 AM
    i might depend on router & network,,, mine doesn't seem to bad...
    Sure. It's not unusable or anything, just that with something like a film it's quicker to have wired transfer.
    12-12-13 06:33 AM