I searched the forums & didn't see this specifically so here goes. The King.com site says these are the requirements to play Candy Crush on an android device:

Candy Crush Saga runs on Android devices that fulfill the following criteria:
    Own a processor built on ARMv7 architecture
    Support OpenGL ES 2.0
    Support a 320x480 resolution or higher
    Run on Android OS 2.2 or higher.

As far as I can tell Playbook supports these 4 criteria, why then does it crash when sideloading the converted bar file?
    01-13-14 05:44 PM
    Just because those are the requirements and the PlayBook meets them doesn't mean it's always going to work. You're still trying to run an app in an environment it was really not meant to run. Some apps will work, some apps simply just won't.
    EchoesFX and pat-wallace like this.
    01-13-14 05:54 PM
    I searched the forums & didn't see this specifically so here goes. The King.com site says these are the requirements to play Candy Crush on an android device:

Candy Crush Saga runs on Android devices that fulfill the following criteria:
    Own a processor built on ARMv7 architecture
    Support OpenGL ES 2.0
    Support a 320x480 resolution or higher
    Run on Android OS 2.2 or higher.

As far as I can tell Playbook supports these 4 criteria, why then does it crash when sideloading the converted bar file?
    The PlayBook Android runtime supports a very limited set of features compared to an actual Android device, or even BB10's runtime. If an app needs to do things like run native code, you're out of luck.

Rule of thumb: If it requires a debug token or unlocked runtime to run properly on BB10, it is not going to work on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-13-14 09:41 PM
    Have you tried playing the online version in the browser? It doesn't do the saga but it is something:
    Candy Crush - Download Free Full Version of Candy Crush from Ziggy Games!
    01-14-14 11:43 AM
    Yep play online from PB not exactly the same. Anyone think BB would ever allow bridge of BB10 apps on phone to PB?
    01-14-14 04:41 PM