I thought Blackberries are for professional business people, but some people are really acting like a crying babies.
    How dare anyone complain about their products? How dare anyone have an opinion?

Professional business people no longer, with teh sale there are lots of non "professional business people" coming and these customers deserve to be heard.

Why do I get the feeling you are not one of these "professional ppl". Whose the crybaby now?
    02-24-12 03:31 AM
    Just what defines a "quality app"?
    Hmm, like a PDF viewer that dont suck, or better a PDF viewer/manager/annotate in same class as Goodreader, PDF expert, iAnnotate.

A handwriting note like Notes Plus, Goodnote, UPad, Tapose
    A office suite that actually worked, like Pages, Numbers, Keynote
    A productivity pack (outline, chart, diagram, GTD, project manager) like the one from http://www.omnigroup.com/
    A content academic reference manager app like Sente, Papers
    A news app, RSS client can compare to Reeder, Flipboard.
    02-24-12 04:49 AM
    Along with Amazon, Skype, and others who simply don't care about the Playbook platform, Netflix probably feels RIM products in general are no longer relevant in the US market. I'm starting to believe them.

I mean, just look at how many popular apps are made only for iOS and Android. It's just the sad truth. No one really wants to make apps for a platform that's considered insignificant nowadays. Out of my typical hangout of friends (12 in our "group"), I am the ONLY one with a BlackBerry. In fact, besides my wife (peer pressure, but she absolutely loves her phone!) I'm the only person I know who actually has a BlackBerry product of any kind. With the exception of my wife's cousin and that's because he has a company-issued BlackBerry. Which will be replaced by an Android device, from what I remember him telling me. It is what it is, and I'll still continue to support RIM by buying what I feel are good products from them... while I still can.

It's really a catch 22. Developers won't make apps until the platform's more popular. The platform won't be more popular without the help of good apps being developed.
    02-24-12 05:08 AM
    With the ability to port Android apps, there really is no more excuse for it. Netflix is bleeding customers. Choosing to not support absolutely every platform they can won't help.

I cancelled and let @NetflixHelps know they helped make that decision.

Back in 2001, when I joined Netflix, they were an innovative company. I haven't seen any innovations out of Netflix in years. Just resting on their past success.
    02-24-12 08:15 AM
    You guys are only blaming Netflix? Its seems like everyone else gets Netflix support even the new PS Vita at launch? I think RIM needs some blame. For years they have ignored the potential of BB smartphones in being media devices.

I am not saying I ever cared about streaming movies on tiny smartphone screens, but on a tablet that has HDMI functionality, now this media consumer stuff could work great, but RIM fails to bring any useful functionality?

Now we have Android functionality, excuses should end!!! Make it happen RIM!
    02-24-12 08:23 AM
    Done, canceled. Left them a don't let the door hit you on the way out tweet! Hated the service anyway and this was the end! Later.
    02-24-12 09:09 AM
    Hi All,

I find it ridiculous that ...
    I understand it's annoying that Netflix isn't available on our PBs, but I have to ask, respectfully: Don't you have a TV? That's where I do all my Netflix viewing. Sure, in theory, there could be times that I'm away from home and would like to watch Netflix on the PB, but those times would be so infrequent that it's really not a problem.

If I cancel Netflix, it will be for lack of new releases and not enough HD content. Not because I can't view it on a mobile 7-inch screen.
    02-24-12 09:25 AM
    guys get a life. stop with the campaging and the skype and the netflix. Go outside with your playbook take some nice pictures meet some friends. Way better use of your time, their time and my time (reading your complaints).
    Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook #BeBold 2012
    Last edited by ignites; 02-26-12 at 09:27 AM. Reason: pb auto correct needed work
    02-24-12 09:29 AM
    Worth it or not, I JUST CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT! I'm done with any company that doesn't give a dam about one portion of their account base.

Mike
    02-24-12 09:38 AM
    Cancelled my Netflix today too and sent @Netflixhelps a tweet letting them know... what they don't know is that I never had a Netflix account And I don't intend on getting one as long as similar maybe-not-so-legal sites offer the same/better shows for zero dollars.
    02-24-12 09:39 AM
    Someone in another NetFlix said it best, and that is that NetFlix is an non-essential service. When times are tough, or when people get rubbed the wrong way - it is easy to say goodbye to a NetFlix fee. NetFlix has seen their share of subscription cancellations as of recent - so perhaps they will wake up to this soon enough.

Also what they need to understand is they are not always simply shunning a "BlackBerry" user - as most households now own multiple home entertaniment & mobile platforms. I am an XBOX 360, Wii, Computer, iPad, & PlayBook owner. They're rubbing existing customers the wrong way - so hat's off to the campaign!

With basketball season in full swing, this has woken me up to the fact I haven't watched NetFlix in over a month - I really should have put it on hold a while ago. Since I will be glued to Basketball for months now, & then spring & summer will be upon us - I don't see myself using their service anytime soon, so account cancelled.
    QuantumQnx likes this.
    02-24-12 09:41 AM
    I cancelled Netflix back in August last year for different reasons. I have since moved on to blockbuster online for DVDs and Hulu+ for tv shows on my Xbox 360. I don't really miss Netflix, but still think they're missing the boat by not supporting the BB platform. Boo, Netflix, Boo!
    02-24-12 09:46 AM
    I understand it's annoying that Netflix isn't available on our PBs, but I have to ask, respectfully: Don't you have a TV? That's where I do all my Netflix viewing. Sure, in theory, there could be times that I'm away from home and would like to watch Netflix on the PB, but those times would be so infrequent that it's really not a problem.

If I cancel Netflix, it will be for lack of new releases and not enough HD content. Not because I can't view it on a mobile 7-inch screen.
    Actually, when you have the playbook hooked up to an hdtv and you are using your blackberry as a remote, I think it has more potential than my useless AppleTV
    02-24-12 10:04 AM
    No one in here is asking the one important question. That is, WHY does Netflix not have plans to support the PlayBook? The answer to that question should determine how you feel towards Netflix about their decision to not support.
    02-24-12 10:25 AM
    No one in here is asking the one important question. That is, WHY does Netflix not have plans to support the PlayBook? The answer to that question should determine how you feel towards Netflix about their decision to not support.
    Actually no it shouldn't. Netflix is the provider. They have been asked time and time again to support PlayBook but have only given out the standard canned response. If they really cared about anything more than their $ each month, their website would have an official statement as to why they are not supporting it. The bottom line is that the question has been asked and never answered.

Personally I don't care if Netflix succeeds or fails, but I'm the consumer and I'm free to spend my dollars on somebody who cares about giving me more than canned answers.
    02-24-12 10:35 AM
    The question is why isn't Netflix available on Playbook but is available on Android and Apple. The difference seems to be that Andriod and Apple as I understand allows data harvesting while Blackberry does not. It is one of the reasons that it is recommended not to sideways download Andoid apps. Netflix may need to harvest data to keep their monthly fee down. Thus if they are on Blackberry they may have to charge more for the service. California and President Obama are drafting legislation to stop this practise and maybe after this legislation is in place there may be a shift in Netflix policy. This may not be the reason but it is the only reason that I can think of why netflix is not supporting Playbook.
    02-24-12 11:55 AM
    The question is why isn't Netflix available on Playbook but is available on Android and Apple. The difference seems to be that Andriod and Apple as I understand allows data harvesting while Blackberry does not. It is one of the reasons that it is recommended not to sideways download Andoid apps. Netflix may need to harvest data to keep their monthly fee down. Thus if they are on Blackberry they may have to charge more for the service. California and President Obama are drafting legislation to stop this practise and maybe after this legislation is in place there may be a shift in Netflix policy. This may not be the reason but it is the only reason that I can think of why netflix is not supporting Playbook.
    02-24-12 11:57 AM
    Actually no it shouldn't. Netflix is the provider. They have been asked time and time again to support PlayBook but have only given out the standard canned response. If they really cared about anything more than their $ each month, their website would have an official statement as to why they are not supporting it. The bottom line is that the question has been asked and never answered.
    Netflix is a business... thus the $ you might spend each month is pretty much all they care about. RIM is in the same situation that Apple was in with their computer systems in the 90's. There were two few MAC users to make it worth while to develop for the OS.
    02-24-12 12:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's RIM who is blocking it....
    DOn't know why Netflix wouldn't integrate another device... a company want $$$$
    02-24-12 12:29 PM
    netflix in canada is getting better fyi.

In any case Im not cancelling netflix because it doesnt support the PB, it focused on the larger parts of the customer base, ie android and apple, which is sound business practice. I use other websites to stream on my PB.
    SuperDuckWC likes this.
    02-24-12 12:30 PM
    Netflix is a business... thus the $ you might spend each month is pretty much all they care about. RIM is in the same situation that Apple was in with their computer systems in the 90's. There were two few MAC users to make it worth while to develop for the OS.
    Nonsense! - it costs them very little to have an app available for the PlayBook. It's not like they have a great deal of overhead in doing so.
    02-24-12 12:47 PM
    Netflix is NOT the provider, they license their content from the studios. The Hollywood attorneys aren't stupid, the agreement doesn't provide unlimited access to everything on every platform. Each time they expand to different platforms, content must be additionally licensed for it. It's not the price of the app, it's the backend rights.

Most of you could have Netflix today with PlayOn, but people would rather complain and conspiracy theorize...
    02-24-12 01:09 PM
    Netflix is NOT the provider, they license their content from the studios. The Hollywood attorneys aren't stupid, the agreement doesn't provide unlimited access to everything on every platform. Each time they expand to different platforms, content must be additionally licensed for it. It's not the price of the app, it's the backend rights.

Most of you could have Netflix today with PlayOn, but people would rather complain and conspiracy theorize...
    So why other platforms but RIM?
    02-24-12 01:14 PM
    Yeah but for PlayOn to work you need an additional PC to run the server and then you would have to be able to access the PlayOn server when not on the local network....

That is a lot more involved than loading an app and being able to access it wherever...
    02-24-12 01:15 PM
    Why are you mad at netflix? They never sold you a product that was available on blackberry or lead you to believe it would come to blackberry. If anything you should blame RIM. Netflix would release an app if it believed in the viability of RIM and Blackberry OS. Why should netflix or any other company spend money developing an app for a platform they don't believe in? If anything RIM needs to get off its' and regain some market share. If that happened i guarantee more companies start releasing apps for blackberry OS.
    igotberryfever likes this.
    02-24-12 02:01 PM
152 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD