just ordered from Insight 11.99 +14.00 shipping total was with taxes 31.00

thanks
    Insight now $56.00 each !

Just ordered from Softchoice, still $14.00
    01-25-12 09:43 AM
    Same as Mikey-T - Got up and checked pricing this morning, saw that Insight had it back over $50. I ended up ordering two from Softchoice - $13.10 apiece, plus $15 for 3-5 day shipping to Calgary. Happy with that!
    01-25-12 10:27 AM
    Same as Mikey-T - Got up and checked pricing this morning, saw that Insight had it back over $50. I ended up ordering two from Softchoice - $13.10 apiece, plus $15 for 3-5 day shipping to Calgary. Happy with that!
    Just got an email from Lucas Dinquel at Softchoice. He says the website is showing an incorrect lower price which they will not honor.

Quoted me $67 each plus shipping to Calgary.

Thanks but no thanks.
    01-25-12 11:58 AM
    Just got an email from Lucas Dinquel at Softchoice. He says the website is showing an incorrect lower price which they will not honor.

Quoted me $67 each plus shipping to Calgary.

Thanks but no thanks.
    Thats odd, I just ordered one from Softchoice an hour ago. I called in and talked to a rep who put it in right away with no questions. I got charged $10 shipping for 2-5 day delivery to Toronto. I wonder if you call them maybe they will put it through for you. They should honour the price since it is on their website and their mistake. I noticed insight.ca still had 11.99 on their site this morning but once I put it in my cart it said the total is 56 dollars. I don't know what the policy is online but in stores if they use incorrect signage they usually have to honour the price.
    01-25-12 12:08 PM
    They SHOULD honor the price, but I don't think there's any way to make them.

Especially in this case when the lower price was perfectly in-line with other retailers and obviously not a mistake.

Softchoice will never again be my choice of retailer.
    henryvs likes this.
    01-25-12 12:22 PM
    I did the same as p90xdiva - ordered them by calling the number on Softchoice's website. The main reason I phoned them is I wanted to get an estimated shipping cost before ordering - didn't want to go through the hassles of creating an account online if they were later going to add in some outrageous shipping cost. Once the pricing was confirmed, I just went ahead and finished the order with their phone rep. Their website still shows $13.10, so there's a chance this might still work if you call them directly.
    01-25-12 02:27 PM
    I too just purchased 5 by calling softchoice. Shipping was $10 and it came out to $85.32.

No problems at all. I'm actually quite impressed by their customer service, the rep I spoke to was very professional. I have a feeling that they usually do much bigger orders, but he was professional and friendly with me nonetheless.

Softchoice gets a "thumbs up" from me for sure.
    01-25-12 03:07 PM
    if you were price matching against cdw you can get them to drop the shipping because you can warehouse pickup from the mississauga or etobicoke locations. vancouver can pick up in delta. don't back down just because it's an online price match.
    No can do, the price from CDW was back up to $79 (or whatever it is) by the time I went.

Only PM candidate now is softchoice, which might not be a bad idea since their online registration can take up to 24 hours according to their website, so the FS or BB people won't be able to register and add on shipping cost when you're trying to PM at the store.
    01-25-12 03:14 PM
    I made an account with Softchoice but now I need to wait for a sales member to call me wtf? How do I buy it already?

:EDIT:

never mind seems like i need to wait the 24hours. Ugh i really hope I get it before the deal runs out.
    Last edited by LuayS; 01-25-12 at 04:37 PM.
    01-25-12 04:27 PM
    I made an account with Softchoice but now I need to wait for a sales member to call me wtf? How do I buy it already?

never mind seems like i need to wait the 24hours. Ugh i really hope I get it before the deal runs out.

In the mean time you could try price matching at a nearby store?
    01-25-12 05:21 PM

Call them up. When I tried to make an account it kept getting messed up. On the phone the lady did it for me within a few minutes and emailed me my receipt. If you don't mind PM you could do that at FS or BB. It seems to vary though in terms of who you get as a CSR from what I hear. Anyhow i didn't mind the price at soft choice 26 bucks with shipping.
    01-25-12 07:25 PM
    Just received my order from Insight. 5 of them for $84 (inc shipping and taxes), had to make sure they are the correct ones for PB, and they are! My colleagues are happy.
    01-26-12 09:43 AM
    Looks like some colusion going on ,,, all the prices drop then they all go back up . Dont worry though coz you know the people that bout 5-10 of them plan on throwing them on ebay for a tidy profit
    01-26-12 11:54 AM
    Well I did end up calling back yesterday and placing a new order with a phone rep. Everything seemed to go fine, he quoted me the lower price as displayed on the website and took my payment and shipping info with no issues.

I haven't seen an email confirmation yet so I guess I'll just wait and see whether my 3 charging pods arrive or not. Fingers crossed!
    01-26-12 05:06 PM
    I ordered from Insight a few days ago for $11.99. Check on the order status today and it says "Hold set by Salesperson"....hmm...
    01-26-12 09:58 PM
    WOW. ive been checking everywhere to get this at a deal and just saw this now.

if anyone remembers the next time they see a deal on this can you please PM me

or if anyone has an extra I would love to buy it off of you for $20 or $25

Im pushing PB HARD to everyone I know. So far ive managed to get 6 people to buy them... just wish I would have waited to get the 64gb for the same price as my 32
    01-26-12 10:38 PM
    I ordered from Insight a few days ago for $11.99. Check on the order status today and it says "Hold set by Salesperson"....hmm...
    Well that is interesting.
    01-27-12 08:23 AM
    I ordered them on 24th, received them on 25th, 5 of them at $11.99 each, $14.99 shipping for all.
    01-27-12 08:34 AM
    I called softchoice.ca on Wednesday and spoke to a salesperson. He was clearly suspicious of the $13 price. He told me he was creating an account for me but did not take my order, instead saying he was referring my inquiry to a regional person in my area. I would hear from them by email.

After that I went to the website and created an account myself, then ordered two of the charging pods. I got the message indicating my order would be processed in 48 hours. I have not heard anything since but got a message late yesterday asking me to reset my password (which I did not do).

I checked softchoice.ca today and the pod (here) is now listed for over $50.

I suspect someone messed up and now they're trying to crisis-manage. Wish I was one of the lucky ones who had their order processed, but my guess is that I won't hear anything more from softchoice.ca

Dave
    01-27-12 10:01 AM
    I called softchoice.ca on Wednesday and spoke to a salesperson. He was clearly suspicious of the $13 price. He told me he was creating an account for me but did not take my order, instead saying he was referring my inquiry to a regional person in my area. I would hear from them by email.

After that I went to the website and created an account myself, then ordered two of the charging pods. I got the message indicating my order would be processed in 48 hours. I have not heard anything since but got a message late yesterday asking me to reset my password (which I did not do).

I checked softchoice.ca today and the pod (here) is now listed for over $50.

I suspect someone messed up and now they're trying to crisis-manage. Wish I was one of the lucky ones who had their order processed, but my guess is that I won't hear anything more from softchoice.ca

Dave
    I'm probably in the same boat . Oh well, easy come easy go. Strange that three different retailers would have these 'mistaken' prices at the same time
    01-27-12 10:40 AM
    I ordered from Insight a few days ago for $11.99. Check on the order status today and it says "Hold set by Salesperson.........and del date now changed to Feb 25 from jan 26......
    01-27-12 06:22 PM
    I ordered two from Softchoice on Wednesday morning, and had them in my hands by noon Friday. $43 with shipping, no complaints.

It seems like a well made product, by the way - right down to the non-slip rubber on the bottom. Definitely a nice complement to the PB.
    01-28-12 01:26 PM
    By the way, I just found this:

USB Data/Charging Dock Cradle for Blackberry PlayBook - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

It's not a rapid charging pod, but it's a cradle for using when the PB is plugged into a PC via the USB cable (you could also plug it into a USB wall charger instead of a PC). At $12 (with free shipping in the US) I would probably get one if I didn't already have the rapid charger - if nothing else, it would provide a "safer" way of connecting to the PB's USB port, which looks to me to be the device's Achilles heal.
    01-28-12 01:37 PM
    i agree, th achiles heel is the USB port . That's why it is important to charge on the power port if you can
    01-28-12 04:12 PM
    By the way, I just found this:

USB Data/Charging Dock Cradle for Blackberry PlayBook - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

It's not a rapid charging pod, but it's a cradle for using when the PB is plugged into a PC via the USB cable (you could also plug it into a USB wall charger instead of a PC). At $12 (with free shipping in the US) I would probably get one if I didn't already have the rapid charger - if nothing else, it would provide a "safer" way of connecting to the PB's USB port, which looks to me to be the device's Achilles heal.
    I would consider that if it had an HDMI port too.
    01-28-12 06:44 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD