Another sale of the PlayBook front.

This time I spotted it through redflagdeals.com
    They exclusively posted the Staples Black Friday sale flyer. The fine print says minimum 20 per store and max 2 per family. Which means we better be the tenth or sooner customer to guarantee us one. Stores open at 8:00am.

Staples Black Friday Specials - RedFlagDeals.com ( towards the bottom on the far right)

Also, I'm guessing the Market Mall Staples in Calgary doesn't have any so don't even bother trying there till I get one.
    Okay that was a joke.... but please give me a chance to get one!

EDIT******: apparently the sale for the PlayBook is available now. Other items on the flyer are for Friday only.
    Last edited by Kennedy.L; 11-21-12 at 04:26 PM. Reason: update information
    dano_style, DC506 and W Hoa like this.
    11-20-12 11:23 AM
    My 16gb needs a BB (big brother).
    11-20-12 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the info. I will try to snap one of those, my 5th playbook, so everyone in the family will have their own. I got 4 of them when walmart had their $118 sale.
    11-20-12 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will try to snap one of those, my 5th playbook, so everyone in the family will have their own. I got 4 of them when walmart had their $118 sale.
    So your the reasons I couldn't get one that morning?!?!??!
    11-20-12 12:42 PM
    "...Staples Black Friday sale flyer. The fine print says minimum 20 per store."

IF they have ANY when the doors open, they received fresh stock 'cause Staples bricks'nmortar (32ave ne location for sure) has been sold out for quite a while !

Check to see if they have the charging pod/cradle on sale while you're there ! Maybe FShop or Bbuy will have a budle sale this coming weekend instead !!?

Good Luck, and thanks for the post !

p.s.
    as soon as you pay for it walk over to their customer service for a open,flat surface .... open the unit package check for baby bump, recessed on button and any scratching of the unit edges ! If none of the above repackage and leave with a bigger smile than before, also give the unit a full charge overnight before liting up ! imho
    11-20-12 01:01 PM
    Just checked the flyer for Staples Quebec, it's on sale now so you don't have wait till black Friday
    Valid till Nov.27 and have online stock as of this moment.
    11-21-12 05:04 AM
    Just checked the flyer for Staples Quebec, it's on sale now so you don't have wait till black Friday
    Valid till Nov.27 and have online stock as of this moment.
    Same in Ontario. Picked up a few this morning. Also the journal cases and charging pods are also on clearance for $14.99, a non-advertized special. Get em while you can.
    Cracklen, DC506 and bungaboy like this.
    11-21-12 08:37 AM
    Same in Ontario. Picked up a few this morning. Also the journal cases and charging pods are also on clearance for $14.99, a non-advertized special. Get em while you can.
    Good to know!! I'll get down there tomorrow. I cant have too many charging pods... except that they don't work with my beloved journal case.
    11-21-12 10:21 AM
    Mini keyboard is $70 at staples right now too. Cheapest that I have seen it.
    11-21-12 10:22 AM
    You can buy it ONLINE already from Staples *** NOW *** for $118.

I am not sure if it is a mistake in their "CHECKOUT" or "Black Friday" date but it is available and can be bought before Friday 23rd!!!!!!
    11-21-12 11:31 AM
    The Playbook sale is not part of their Black Friday sale. Only the small section on the left front of the flyer is Black Friday sales, everything else in the flyer just started today.

I went and actually bought two last night from Future Shop. Keep in mind if Staples is out of stock, bring the flyer to Future Shop and as long as they have them in stock they will match the price and beat the difference by 10%. So today I get to go back to Future Shop and get my difference back after showing them the flyer. Meaning I got them for $115.99 each (as 10% of the different in price is $3). Decided to do it the day before as that way I didn't have to worry about either store being sold out. My kids will be happy to finally have their own Playbooks for Christmas!
    Cracklen likes this.
    11-21-12 12:11 PM
    Couldn't resist, just picked up a 32Gig + Blackberry Keyboard all for $219.47 Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Bought it a Staples.
    11-21-12 12:12 PM
    Same here, could not help it. This will make 8 PB's in my family...LOL. Staples!!!!
    heppyX likes this.
    11-21-12 12:54 PM
    just .had to send my pb to rim to get fixed and already having withdrawls.looks like a good excuse to buy a backup.thanks 4 info
    11-21-12 04:30 PM
    Sister bought one and wife bought one at Staples today.
    11-21-12 04:44 PM
    Sister bought one and wife bought one at Staples today.
    More than 20 yet?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-21-12 05:39 PM
    Great deal on the accessories....thanks for the heads-up.
    11-21-12 05:40 PM
    More than 20 yet?
    Must be at least 15 now. 20 by Jan 1, 2013. LoL
    DC506 likes this.
    11-21-12 05:58 PM
    Thanks for that. OOS on-line but i'll check the store tomorrow.
    11-21-12 05:59 PM
    Here now at Staples Panorama YYC ..... just helped a salesman sell one of 32s Also they bought ajournal case which is on sale today for $15 and the last charging cradle for $15..... Neither them or self were interested in the BB mini-keyboard also on ....$69.

Just had the manager shake my hand for helping with the sale and he says they have over 30units in store for this sale event. While typing this out saw another unit along with BB keybd head out (2 32s in less than 25min) !!

btw I snapped up the last 2 charging cradles for$15 ea.
    11-21-12 05:59 PM
    Mini keyboard is $70 at staples right now too. Cheapest that I have seen it.
    Thanks for this info! Went out and got myself one tonight, and sure enough, regular $119 for $50 off: $69 ))) That made me happy.

Decided while I was there that I would help out the Playbook display unit a bit, someone had piled flyers all over it, and locked the orientation so it was upside down. Also stuck on the unable to connect to wifi setup screen. Fixed it all up and set it to play the HiDef demo video in a loop. Talked 3 people into buying one in the few minutes it took me to do that and get my keyboard case for it. Should have demanded my commission!
    Celandine and BrizzadMan like this.
    11-21-12 09:35 PM
    To save even more on the accessories...

Go to FutureShop or BestBuy and tell them about the Staples price on the charging dock (or keyboard or journal case). Futureshop and BestBuy will price match and take 10% of the difference off so they will need to beat Staples $15 price tag on the dock by $6.50 (70-15*.1), So go get a charging dock for $8.50!
    11-22-12 02:51 AM
    If you don't have a Staples nearby with stock, try ordering online even though they are out of stock there. Last year when they were on sale at this time of year I got one from Staples online. I think I back ordered it and it came back in stock within a day or two.

I was just talking to the Halifax Bayers Lake store and they had about thirty PlayBooks in stock and five of the keyboards.
    11-22-12 07:09 AM
    Love the vigilante marketing in this thread, rofl keep it up bb nation!
    11-22-12 08:20 AM
    Love the vigilante marketing in this thread, rofl keep it up bb nation!
    Hey. It's working. Stock hit $11.73 this morning. Settling a bit now. Rimpire strikes back!
    spyeagle likes this.
    11-22-12 09:28 AM
29 12