If I download music from the PlayBook Music Store, can I then transfer that onto my phone so I have it on both devices?
    10-23-11 08:15 AM
    I don't see why not, I'd try myself but Bridge Files is borked in the OS 2.0 beta.
    arsenalfan111 likes this.
    10-23-11 08:21 AM
    Good question,
    I just tried the "send using bluetooth" option and it found my Playbook but when I hit send it said "failed to find service", I too would like to know if I can transfer music!?!
    10-23-11 09:14 AM
    u need a 3rd party app like file browser.. then u can transfer whatever your heart desires....
    10-23-11 09:22 AM
    u need a 3rd party app like file browser.. then u can transfer whatever your heart desires....
    ... although transferring files this way uses Bluetooth which is painfully slow for large files.
    10-23-11 09:28 AM
    Good question,
    I just tried the "send using bluetooth" option and it found my Playbook but when I hit send it said "failed to find service", I too would like to know if I can transfer music!?!
    At this time (possibly forever) the pb does not support bt transfers of that type (nor bt a2dp). 3rd party apps like File Browser can copy files between pb/bbphones.
    arsenalfan111 likes this.
    10-23-11 10:39 AM
    If I download music from the PlayBook Music Store, can I then transfer that onto my phone so I have it on both devices?
    I went the opposite way -- had purchased music on the 7digital store from my Torch, then wanted it on my (new!) PB -- and found that it was pretty easy. I accessed the 7digital store from my PB; the store had a record of my purchases, and allowed me to download the same music to my PB (without any extra charges obviously).
    10-23-11 03:13 PM
    ... although transferring files this way uses Bluetooth which is painfully slow for large files.
    well howelse do u suppose it get to ur phone other than bluetooth... curious..?? also i use it all the time.. but large files.? how large u talking, its not like your phones has 64gbs of memory to play with !!! it works quite well for me
    10-23-11 04:16 PM
    You could use the computer/laptop/etc as an intermediary device for transfers.
    10-23-11 04:49 PM
    After downloading songs to my bb curve 9360, I bridged the curve to the playbook. I can see the songs and play them when bridged on the playbook BUT when I (un) bridge both devices the songs are gone from said playbook.
    My question is how do I download those virtual songs and have them stay on the playbook.
    06-20-12 08:27 PM
    Same way you download onto your 9360. Using the bridge option only allows you to listen to the songs off your phone.
    06-20-12 09:22 PM
    Files&Folders and some other file managers allow you to copy/move files to/from pb/bbphone
    06-20-12 10:01 PM
    Files&Folders and some other file managers allow you to copy/move files to/from pb/bbphone
    Yep - I used Files&Folders to transfer mp3 files from my Bold9900 to the PlayBook and all transferred over fine (lots of little transfers, not sure how F&F/BB/PB would have coped with one big transfer). It took ages, but I was on a long train journey, and wanted to be able to listen to the mp3's on the PlayBook speakers (much superior to the Bold) when I got to my hotel

Also - have copied lots of mp3's direct from my PC to PB which is a complete doddle

Note: these were mp3 files I had ripped myself - so there were no DRM issues

Note2: for some reason the PB buggers up all my playlists and the order of tracks within an album - very disconcerting when the 2nd track playing is the finale and the 4th track the overture....! I have seen other threads on CB about this, so evidently I am not the only one - if anybody knows a fix, please let me know
    06-21-12 12:07 AM
    I know that rim broke playlists with the 2.x update but I am not sure about Albums. I thought that they played correctly but it might depend on how the various mp3 files are named or how the info in the mp3 tags are entered. (I've just fired up Brahms' Clarinet Quintet so I'll see if I don't fall asleep first).

Someone has mentioned that the 2.1 beta may fix the playlist issue.

edited to add: So far the ALBUM is playing in proper order....
    Last edited by F2; 06-21-12 at 01:43 AM.
    06-21-12 01:25 AM
    I know that rim broke playlists with the 2.x update but I am not sure about Albums. I thought that they played correctly but it might depend on how the various mp3 files are named or how the info in the mp3 tags are entered. (I've just fired up Brahms' Clarinet Quintet so I'll see if I don't fall asleep first).

Someone has mentioned that the 2.1 beta may fix the playlist issue.

edited to add: So far the ALBUM is playing in proper order....
    Thanks for this - some of my albums play in the right order, some don't.... initially I thought the PB was sorting them alphabetically, but this is not the case, as some albums have the track numbers in the mp3 titles (eg "1 Overture, 2 Aria, 3 Duet") and these still bugger up. Also wondered if the PB was sorting on filesize, but this doesn't seem to be the case either

(Note: I don't have these PlayList issues on my Bold - just the PB)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-21-12 at 02:04 AM. Reason: typo
    06-21-12 02:03 AM
    The PB orders tunes on an album by their tags. If the tags are wrong, the PB will play them out of order. Tags can be modified using Windows explorer. Find the first tune on an album, right click, choose "Properties", then the "Details" tab. Change the # column to 1 (if needed) . Do the same for each subsequent track, 2,3,4, etc.. The PB should then play the tunes in order.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-21-12 02:56 AM
    Hi,

You can transfert files from/to your blackberry mobile with PlayCloud (application for PlayBook available in the appworld).

Nicolas
    06-21-12 08:17 AM
    If you purchased the music from the BB music store on your PB, just open the music store on your phone and select 'My Locker'

All of your purchased music is in there. You can also DL your purchased music onto your PC through 7digital.
    06-21-12 10:07 AM
    I still can only transfer music from my BB (Torch 9850 / VZW) by way of: 1) hook the BB via usb to laptop folder, and 2) labtop folder to PB also hooked via usb. But, my goal is to be able to do this transfer of music wirelessly.
    1. I purchased Files and Folders for the PB, as that has Box.com (and others) readily available for purported easy transfer of files.
    2. I created a (free) Box.com account. But, I have not sucessfully uploaded even 1 song from my BB to Box as it always exceeds the data limit.
    So, what do I need to do? Do I need to buy a cloud account (rather than free)? Am I missing something altogether?
    Thanks in advance.
    08-06-12 01:43 PM
    Can you guys explain how to use file browser
    10-09-12 05:53 PM
    I still can only transfer music from my BB (Torch 9850 / VZW) by way of: 1) hook the BB via usb to laptop folder, and 2) labtop folder to PB also hooked via usb. But, my goal is to be able to do this transfer of music wirelessly.
    1. I purchased Files and Folders for the PB, as that has Box.com (and others) readily available for purported easy transfer of files.
    2. I created a (free) Box.com account. But, I have not sucessfully uploaded even 1 song from my BB to Box as it always exceeds the data limit.
    So, what do I need to do? Do I need to buy a cloud account (rather than free)? Am I missing something altogether?
    Thanks in advance.
    If you're using Files and Folders and the phone is on BIS you should be able to navigate to the phone SD, copy and then paste to the music folder on the PB. There are faster methods but in the absence of a PC or wifi it works fine.
    10-09-12 07:19 PM
    Can you guys explain how to use file browser
    What exactly are you trying to do?
    10-09-12 07:21 PM
    I use Windows 7 media player which is always in sync with my PB.What ever music I download to my PC automatically goes on the PB and vice versa. I believe this can also be done with a BB phone with OS 6 and 7.This is all done over WiFi. Unfortunately I am using OS 5 so I have to copy music manually to the phone. So check out Windows Media Player.
    Last edited by MichealBerry; 10-09-12 at 10:10 PM.
    10-09-12 09:54 PM
    I went the opposite way -- had purchased music on the 7digital store from my Torch, then wanted it on my (new!) PB -- and found that it was pretty easy. I accessed the 7digital store from my PB; the store had a record of my purchases, and allowed me to download the same music to my PB (without any extra charges obviously).
    Worked in reverse for me. Was able to download all the music purchased on my PB to my 9930 from "my locker" at 7digital at no charge.
    10-09-12 10:32 PM
    If you're using Files and Folders and the phone is on BIS you should be able to navigate to the phone SD, copy and then paste to the music folder on the PB. There are faster methods but in the absence of a PC or wifi it works fine.
    But if you are using BES it is far less obvious how to transfer files - i'm amazed that since RIM didn't have the foresight to include a slot for an SD card, they haven't allowed Enterprise users to take advantage of the SD card in the BB.
    10-10-12 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD