Just curious to know as I'm about to get an Apple TV 2.
    09-11-11 06:24 AM
    No, you cannot do that with the Playbook. You can use the HDMI out to mirror it, however.
    KB26503-How to use HDMI on the BlackBerry PlayBook

You have to use Apple products (ipad/ipad 2/iphone 3GS/iphone 4) in order to stream movies from those devices to Apple TV 2.

And I own both products (Playbook and iPad 2).
    09-11-11 06:36 AM
    Thanks. Good thing that I got an extra long micro HDMI cable for my PB then.
    09-11-11 08:50 AM
    Blackberry may be coming out with their own version of an AppleTV like device at the end of October so you may want to wait (codename Cyclone). My guess is it will be announced at DevCon if it is going to come out. Possible that PB may be able to stream to this device. If it can play Netflix I'm ditching my AppleTV2 for one of these devices.
    09-12-11 08:53 AM
    I liked the idea of apple tv, so much so that I bought it.. Then I never used it so sold it again. Without jail breaking it, they are so limited.
    I built myself a micro pc which is about the same size as the playbook box for about �190, allows for streaming of all wireless devices I have at 1080p and is just as good at streaming internet content.

If rims project was an open source non restricted product then it would be worth an investment

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 09:47 AM
    The joy of an Apple TV2 is jailbreaking it running XBMC on it
    09-12-11 11:35 AM
    You could get the upcoming BlackBerryTV
    09-12-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD