I can see my bridge files on my Blackberry through the native bridge file app but I can't see them through any other means such as purchased file management apps (I tried file browser, files and folders and air browser) or by typing file:/// in the web browser. The bridge files are supposed to be located in the folder /Blackberry on the PB but in my case, the folder looks like it's empty or returns some error message. Is it only me or others are experiencing the same issue? Any tip to solve this would be greatly appreciated.
    09-22-11 09:01 PM
    File Browser does show the BB phone's sd card.

In the Browser try just a simple files: I believe (mine is downstairs at the moment)
    09-22-11 09:24 PM
    Using File Browser I also have this problem randomly.
    I have found that if I open the Bridge Files utility and then close it then I can access the files on by BB.
    Last edited by farside33; 09-22-11 at 10:27 PM.
    09-22-11 10:24 PM
    Thanks for your help but it doesn't work unfortunately...can it be a setting somewhere? File browser says "no files in this folder".
    09-22-11 10:52 PM
    could be wrong, but i think if u are on bes, it is a security feature. Files only accessible via bridge files. I could be wrong, but its same on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 11:04 PM
    could be wrong, but i think if u are on bes, it is a security feature. Files only accessible via bridge files. I could be wrong, but its same on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm on BES. Your explanation makes sense. Thanks. Let's narrow down the scope of my question then. Is there anybody who has a Blackberry on an Enterprise Server who could see bridge files on PB other than through the native bridge file app?
    09-23-11 07:45 AM
    Has a solution ever been found for this? I need to access those bridge files and the stock file browser sucks. is there another app that works for this?
    the more I look at this the worse it gets. is there any way to move a file or document or even copy and paste from phone to PB? I haven't found one yet.
    Last edited by KennethD; 12-30-11 at 08:58 AM.
    12-30-11 08:39 AM
    File Browser and Files&Folders, both paid, 3rd party programs work to access and copy/move/paste files from a bb phone to the pb or the other way. I don't know if BES/Corp phones work or not - policy of the company may affect such use.
    12-30-11 10:58 AM
    File Browser and Files&Folders, both paid, 3rd party programs work to access and copy/move/paste files from a bb phone to the pb or the other way. I don't know if BES/Corp phones work or not - policy of the company may affect such use.
    Thank you,
    that's what I was afraid of.
    12-30-11 11:09 AM
    Also, for the file managers to work, you need to open a bridge app for the connection to be seen in the file manager app. The /Blackberry folder will not be accessible unless there is an active bridge connection. In the past, I would just open the bridge file manager and then open the third party app to do the work. I also notice that if you select the bridge icon near the top right of the main Playbook screen, there is a login option, which may achieve the same thing as opening a bridge app to make the phone visible to the third party app.
    12-30-11 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD