can you rename your bookmarks ? im sick of having long title.... also can u make new folders in the pictures ? and also move pictures in to other folders ... had my playbook about a week and just cant seem to do it lol ..
    06-29-11 04:52 PM
    You canNOT rename or move the darn bookmarks - irritating. What some of us have done is create an html homepage and you can reference that as your HOMEPAGE. And in it have links. That works. In the browser address bar you can enter

File:/ (and it opens a folder structure) there are threads on it.

You can make new folders for photos but you either need a 3rd party app (I like File Browser) or you can do it hooked to the computer. The folders then behave as ALBUMS and you can view. You canNOT create usable folders for videos or docs - you can create the folders but the pb ignores them.
    danielmontero87 likes this.
    06-29-11 06:39 PM
    You canNOT rename or move the darn bookmarks - irritating. What some of us have done is create an html homepage and you can reference that as your HOMEPAGE. And in it have links. That works. In the browser address bar you can enter

File:/ (and it opens a folder structure) there are threads on it.

You can make new folders for photos but you either need a 3rd party app (I like File Browser) or you can do it hooked to the computer. The folders then behave as ALBUMS and you can view. You canNOT create usable folders for videos or docs - you can create the folders but the pb ignores them.
    I hope RIM isn't following apple and will have a native file browser. I don't want to have to have an app for that.
    06-29-11 07:05 PM
    Not being able to drag pictures into another folder is one thing I don't like about my Playbook. I transferred a few different picture folders to my PB in hopes of being able to do this but alas not so much, so after taking pics & videos, I'll just hook it up to my laptop & transfer them that way. I really hope a future update gives us the ability to at least move items into folders.
    danielmontero87 likes this.
    06-29-11 07:41 PM
    The whole folder issue is idiotic. I took a picture the other day and wanted to attach it to an email. Well, when trying to add an attachment, the email app loads ALL PHOTOS to choose from. You cannot narrow it by folder. Since I have over 1,000 photos, it was ridiculously tedious to wade through them all to find the one I wanted to send.
    06-30-11 12:46 AM
    Thanks for all your replays I have a go after work tonight . Just hope updates will fix a lot of this little bugs out !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 02:37 AM
    Does it have universal search yet? I know that doesn't help if you don't remember the name.
    06-30-11 04:27 AM
    Re: homepage icons: Someone mentioned arranging them in alphabetical order. Obviously, you still need to know the name. You could also arrange them by action/genre. And move the ones you don't want to the very bottom.

I guess what is irritating is that you don't have to even compare the pb to the applepad but to BB's own phones where you can create folders and even hide icons.
    06-30-11 08:49 AM
    I just can't see why something so simple is on the playbook ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD