I wiped my playbook the other day, just to clear it out and start from scratch, I had three phone's bridged to it (only one of which I use) and a bunch on files that I couldn't remember where I put them that I just wanted to get rid of.
    I didn't think that of coarse this was also going to get rid of my browser bookmarks, I was so used to them being in the same spot on the screen that I never cared about what the little picture showed to represent the bookmark. Now that I can go to crackberry.com with out having to actually look at the screen I was wondering.

Is there anyway to adjust what the bookmark image is so that it can symbol instead of just what the page looked like when I last closed it?
    08-13-12 06:08 PM
    Nope.

10char
    mandony likes this.
    08-13-12 06:33 PM
    dang, that sucks. That needs to be included in the next update or for popular sites it should just have a symbol, the same way my PC browser give the little icon.
    08-13-12 07:31 PM
    This has been asked...erm begged for from us users for some time. Apparently we won't see this until BlackBerry10 as the PlayBook project manager said they are done working with the current browser.

That's okay because BlackBerry10 is gonna be so shhwwweeeaaaattttttt
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 08-14-12 at 08:06 PM.
    08-13-12 08:00 PM
    If you pinch and zoom the websites logo or a picture, then save it as a bookmark, it seems to save that zoomed or magnified view as your bookmark picture/icon.

Not exactly what you asked, but close.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-13-12 09:17 PM
    If you pinch and zoom the websites logo or a picture, then save it as a bookmark, it seems to save that zoomed or magnified view as your bookmark picture/icon.

That's only if you add it to your home screen. With bookmarking it doesn't work. One thing to do is to create all your bookmarks on your home screen and then put them in a folder entitled...wait for it....."Book Marks".
    08-14-12 04:26 AM
    That's only if you add it to your home screen. With bookmarking it doesn't work. One thing to do is to create all your bookmarks on your home screen and then put them in a folder entitled...wait for it....."Book Marks".
    I couldn't have said it better myself. AND...once they are in a folder, you can organize them to your liking.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    08-14-12 07:19 AM

Yup, I used to do this.. You just need to wait for the page to load completely before doing this..
    08-14-12 07:22 AM
    Does anyone know if this will work will an online bookmark Site like only2clicks.com?
    08-14-12 11:32 AM
    I've created my own HOMEPAGE.html that I store on the pb (and similarly on my bbphone). It has links to me favorite sites. It is arranged as a 3-column table.

But a few months ago, someone posted a method to create a homepage with a icons of varying sizes where you could change the links the graphics. It was actually a webpage or application that could generate the finished webpage of your choosing. I don't now recall the info on it. It was quite neat.
    08-14-12 02:08 PM
    Yes you can...oh wait I was dreaming BB10 was out already.
    08-14-12 03:01 PM
    Yes you can...oh wait I was dreaming BB10 was out already.
    Wow I had the exact same dream and then I read some news stuff bout BB10 6 smartphones and stuff like that.. PSYCHED!
    08-16-12 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD