Hi guys,

I have 15 Playbooks out in the field, all were pre-configured and the login passwords retained at HQ so the users couldn't update their own devices. (partly to avoid them bricking them but also because the users aren't the most tech savvy)

A few months down the line with the latest OS update I have 2 units (at least) that are unusable. The problem is that 2.1.0.1314 keeps prompting to update and asking for the login password. What I want to know is, is there a way to turn off/ignore the updates and just keep working with the existing software? From our point of view they are (were) doing precisely what we wanted and we aren't being affected by any bugs so have no need to update.

TIA
    Baz
    01-29-13 08:54 AM
    Hi guys,

I have 15 Playbooks out in the field, all were pre-configured and the login passwords retained at HQ so the users couldn't update their own devices. (partly to avoid them bricking them but also because the users aren't the most tech savvy)

A few months down the line with the latest OS update I have 2 units (at least) that are unusable. The problem is that 2.1.0.1314 keeps prompting to update and asking for the login password. What I want to know is, is there a way to turn off/ignore the updates and just keep working with the existing software? From our point of view they are (were) doing precisely what we wanted and we aren't being affected by any bugs so have no need to update.

TIA
    Baz
    Another fellow upgrade sufferer. Just don't press the upgrade now button.

P's if your already running2.1.0.1314 then the update it is telling you about is nothing major. There have been no major updates since this OS version. It will purely be regional settings.
    01-29-13 08:57 AM
    I'm guessing that's a no then, this sort of 'feature' is not what you need when you have to support them. Lucky they were cheap.......
    01-30-13 07:13 AM
    P's if your already running2.1.0.1314 then the update it is telling you about is nothing major. There have been no major updates since this OS version. It will purely be regional settings.
    I am from Canada, but travelling in USA. I have just noticed that the update star has appeared. It says the update is 3Mb and is 2.1.1314. Which of course I already have. S I just ignore?
    02-02-13 08:44 PM
    I am from Canada, but travelling in USA. I have just noticed that the update star has appeared. It says the update is 3Mb and is 2.1.1314. Which of course I already have. S I just ignore?
    Small size updates like that, IME, tend to be things either deleted (like in-built apps) or for whatever reason not currently there, that the update process thinks should be there.
    02-03-13 04:41 AM