For all of us who haven't been able to perform a successful backup for ages, can we expect improved performance with OS2?
    01-18-12 02:02 PM
    May be a dumb question, but do you have the latest version DM installed?
    01-18-12 02:14 PM
    shrinkbbuser, it depends on which issue is causing you problems.

If you mean the one where certain apps (like Recipe Box or the "on-device" maps) cause trouble with a timeout during backup, then yes, you can expect that to be fixed in OS 2.0.

If you mean another issue, please describe...
    01-18-12 02:55 PM
    May be a dumb question, but do you have the latest version DM installed?
    yes. And I've pretty much tried all the suggestions on other threads with no success. Haven't even been able to do even a partial bu for months.
    01-18-12 06:20 PM
    I also could not get the backup to work. Even if I selected the Partial, it never resolved and never even offered the opportunity to start the custom/selective. It errored out before I could start it.

A security wipe (after removing the maps on device (see below)) allowed the backups for a while. Then after reinstalling the maps-on-device it failed during the actual backup.

But over the last 3 days, for some reason backups with maps-on-device has worked twice.

So, while a security wipe is not any fun - well, the restoration took hours, it did seem to help with the problem.
    01-18-12 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD