I would like to delete songs from my playbook and don't see a simple way to do it with out going to the desktop manager. Most other programs (like photos) have a way to delete directly from playbook but so far I have not found a way to do this.

Any constructive guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    11-13-11 10:36 AM
    download AIR browser file app free from BB Appworld. It allows you to manage files & folders locally on the PB. Selecting your file in the browser allows you a delete function.

Regards,
    11-13-11 10:49 AM
    AIR Browser is great, didnt know there was such an app until now. PB should come with an application like this already pre installed

Thanks for sharing
    11-13-11 03:37 PM
    Swipe down while in the music app while in All Songs and click edit Select and then click delete
    anon3969612 and jafobabe like this.
    11-13-11 04:03 PM
    excellent... didn't know you could do that within the player
    11-13-11 04:44 PM
    Swipe down while in the music app while in All Songs and click edit Select and then click delete
    This is super! I was wondering the same thing... thanks for sharing

******Update: It wouldn't work that way so I used the Air Browser, and it worked.*****
    Last edited by jafobabe; 11-13-11 at 05:45 PM.
    11-13-11 05:08 PM
    On OS version 1.0.7.3312
    Music > All Songs > Swipe down > Edit has always only given me the option to add to play-list or cancel. Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by b147082; 11-13-11 at 06:07 PM. Reason: to add version.
    11-13-11 05:39 PM
    I get the delete option, however I'm running the 2.0 beta OS
    11-13-11 06:03 PM
    On OS version 1.0.7.3312
    Music > All Songs > Swipe down > Edit has always only given me the option to add to play-list or cancel. Am I missing something here?
    That's what I got when I was first looking at the original question. The only EDIT was to add to Playlist. Original OS, here.
    11-13-11 06:13 PM
    I would like to delete songs from my playbook and don't see a simple way to do it with out going to the desktop manager. Most other programs (like photos) have a way to delete directly from playbook but so far I have not found a way to do this.

Any constructive guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Well, if you have the PB 2.0 you can delete songs right from the native music app; just select edit.
    11-13-11 06:21 PM
    Well, if you have the PB 2.0 you can delete songs right from the native music app; just select edit.
    I will let you know if it works in February
    brownel likes this.
    11-13-11 11:48 PM
    Why would you suggest this? Im new to this and it makes sense that you should be able to delete something without downloading another app. Swipe down and delete. Thakyou very much to the person who knew this!
    download AIR browser file app free from BB Appworld. It allows you to manage files & folders locally on the PB. Selecting your file in the browser allows you a delete function.

Regards,
    03-20-13 05:09 PM
    Why would you suggest this? Im new to this and it makes sense that you should be able to delete something without downloading another app. Swipe down and delete. Thakyou very much to the person who knew this!
    Because, if you had read all the posts in this thread, it seems Vorpaz's original response was correct. At the time, most people were running OS 1, and apparently the swipe down and delete option wasn't available. It was available in the beta version of OS 2, which only some were running. Anyhow, having Air Browser or any number of other file managers is still a good idea, since they can "see" the PB's directory structure and can make finding and managing files much easier.
    03-20-13 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD