I have read several posts regarding the Z10 bridge to PB problems but can anyone tell me if the Q bridge will be fully functional on release or should I keep my 9900 handy?
    04-26-13 12:00 AM
    It will have remote control, WiFi sharing, and shared files. That's it. No BBM or SMS as of yet

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-26-13 12:22 AM
    It will have remote control, WiFi sharing, and shared files. That's it. No BBM or SMS as of yet

Where is your information from?

Thanks
    04-26-13 12:39 AM

This is what the Z10 has operational on its Blackberry Bridge currently.
    04-26-13 12:42 AM
    Where is your information from?

Thanks
    They just released the update for the Q10 launch, and the next major update will probably not be until after BlackBerry Live or the update for BB10 to the PlayBook

04-26-13 12:45 AM
    This is what the Z10 has operational on its Blackberry Bridge currently.
    Basically

04-26-13 12:46 AM
    I have read several posts regarding the Z10 bridge to PB problems but can anyone tell me if the Q bridge will be fully functional on release or should I keep my 9900 handy?
    You can take one thing to the bank my friend. Should the Q10 be released with a fully functional fully working bridge connection to the pb you will not be seeing Thor for a while! He will be in surgery having my Z10 removed from his rectum where I will personally take great pleasure in shoving it!!!!!!!!!!
    04-26-13 07:38 AM
    You can take one thing to the bank my friend. Should the Q10 be released with a fully functional fully working bridge connection to the pb you will not be seeing Thor for a while! He will be in surgery having my Z10 removed from his rectum where I will personally take great pleasure in shoving it!!!!!!!!!!
    That's funny! I take it you are still unhappy with your new phone??? I do see your point though.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 07:59 AM
    That's funny! I take it you are still unhappy with your new phone??? I do see your point though.
    I wouldn't put it past the ******* to do it though never the less!
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    04-26-13 08:05 AM
    The REAL ANSWER is - NO ONE KNOWS.

At the moment, the Bridge that services the OS7 and earlier devices has been cut down and reduced in functionality for the z10 devices.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 09:09 AM
    The REAL ANSWER is - NO ONE KNOWS.

At the moment, the Bridge that services the OS7 and earlier devices has been cut down and reduced in functionality for the z10 devices.
    I do love you sense of humour!!!!!!!!!
    04-26-13 12:57 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I can always depend on members providing me with well thought out answers that I always look forward to reading on a nightly basis! I always thought no one really knows but someone does but prefers me to wait until May 1st until I try it first hand. I am really looking forward to the Q10 and it really looks promising that blackberry won't be able to keep up with demand. All the updates I am seeing excites me to no end. These next 4 days are going to go really slow. I suppose if the bridge doesn't work very well, I will just have to check my texts by picking up my Q10 instead of the pb but then again, I might not even use the pb for a while. Guess I better buy an extra battery!
    04-26-13 11:50 PM
    Well I now have had the Q10 for a few days and now I can answer my own post. The bridge function only allows connection to my Q10 but I can no longer text or send emails like I used to on the 9900. All I get is a readme file in the bridge folder now
    05-12-13 09:39 PM
    Well I now have had the Q10 for a few days and now I can answer my own post. The bridge function only allows connection to my Q10 but I can no longer text or send emails like I used to on the 9900. All I get is a readme file in the bridge folder now
    Yes, I believe that is what everyone was trying to tell you or warn you. Bridge is crippled in the bb10 phones. And no one knows if it will be restored to its former full functioning. Well, maybe someone inside rim knows but they have not said a word. So it could be permanently maimed and remain so.
    05-12-13 11:39 PM
    Yes, I believe that is what everyone was trying to tell you or warn you. Bridge is crippled in the bb10 phones. And no one knows if it will be restored to its former full functioning. Well, maybe someone inside rim knows but they have not said a word. So it could be permanently maimed and remain so.
    Expensive way of finding out what 695 posts have already told him?
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    05-13-13 11:49 AM
    Can this be done yet. I want to buy a q10. However will I be able to bridge text with my PlayBook?
    12-10-13 09:01 PM
    Or you can get a Q10, less messy that way.
    12-10-13 09:36 PM
    Can this be done yet. I want to buy a q10. However will I be able to bridge text with my PlayBook?
    Do not have a Q10, but with Z10 you can now text and BBM from playbook.
    12-10-13 09:38 PM
    I can confirm, that my Q10 and Playbook plays nicely for text messages.

Posted via CB10 from BB Q10
    12-11-13 08:26 AM
    Do not have a Q10, but with Z10 you can now text and BBM from playbook.
    There is a time in every persons life when?
    12-11-13 11:46 AM