I work for one of the big banks and am travelling to Europe soon. I would like to use my Playbook to access my work emails via the Juniper (VPN?) network while away. The system is saying the request to access my work web site needs to be encrypted. How do you do this? Secondly, our technical support says I need to have an anti-virus software running on the Playbook but they do not know of one that runs on Playbook. Is this possible? Any help on this would be appreciated.
    05-11-15 07:45 PM
    AFAIK, there is no antivirus software available for the Playbook. There are apps like 2x client for RDP or AccessToGo which might be able to give you VPN access. Can you not receive emails through your phone (or a phone), as that would mean that your email client on the Playbook should be able to be set up for direct email access.

Honestly, it sounds like your IT department is just going by the book and not looking for a solution to your problem.
    05-13-15 05:11 PM
    PlayBook doesn't need anti-virus program... not because it is fully secured but because I don't think that there is one crazy virus developer or hacker (as in the case of hacking) that will going to spend time developing virus and/or going to spend numerous days and hours trying to hack our PlayBook. Even programmers of famous apps / games didn't bother at all. So, your IT people shouldn't worry about that.

But for the sake of discussion, the problem with PlayBook's browser is, it is running BB10 - not Windows or other browsers where your encryption is recognisable. You will surely have compatibility issues even you managed to access your secured site.

And please don't get me wrong but since you are working in 'one of the big banks', better for you to invest on tablet that is proven working and secured according to your company requirements and specifications.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 09:14 AM