I'm thinking of buying the playbook but wanted to know if I would be able to control my windows home server/home theatre as can be done with the sony app on the iphone and ipad?
    07-31-11 10:38 AM
    I'm thinking of buying the playbook but wanted to know if I would be able to control my windows home server/home theatre as can be done with the sony app on the iphone and ipad?
    Probably won't be an app. If the windows home server and home theatre has an alternate web based control (go to an IP via a browser to access a web page to control) then that would work.
    07-31-11 10:48 AM
    If you're able to install a vnc server on the windows box then you shouldnt have any problems. I went with UltraVNC on my media server then use the IMT VNC on the playbook to connect to it, works a treat. Framerates are around 3fps over my wifi (54 mbps), so dont expect to be doing any streaming by it, but its more than enough to drag and drop files from the server onto the playbook (log into server via vnc client, access playbook on server by typing in playbooks ip, then drag and drop)

More of a workaround than a true solution, but its an option at least
    07-31-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD