As the subject says: can a Playbook connect to a Sonicwall VPN or to a standard L2TP VPN? As far as I can tell the Blackberry website just shows some Cisco and Juniper VPN appliances.

Thanks.
    07-11-11 06:08 PM
    At the moment, the only options are Cisco, CheckPoint, Juniper and Generic (&MS) IKEv2. No pptp, no l2tp.
    Bash_Man likes this.
    07-12-11 06:13 AM
    I connected without issue using to a L2TP using the Check Point Software Gateway option with the Authentication Type to PSK. The only catch was that I had to populate the DNS servers and domain suffix manually as this was not being passed to the client from the firewall.

I do have the advantage of being able to tweak the settings, and review all settings on the firewall I was connecting to.

Based on my experience Checkpoint gateways typically run a L2TP.
    07-12-11 09:05 AM
    Interesting.

This is for my boss (he wants something to replace his laptop and his billion year old Sony Cli). I'm not sure if he'd want the hack-y way of doing it by choosing a Checkpoint and then forcing it to connect to the generic L2TP, but at least it means L2TP may show up at some point since it's already partially supported.
    07-12-11 01:53 PM
    Has anyone documented the steps for using the Checkpoint vpn client on the PlayBook 2.0?
    I'm trying to connect in but to no avail.
    Any hints and tips or resources on the web would be good.
    Thanks
    02-26-12 05:01 PM
    I connected without issue using to a L2TP using the Check Point Software Gateway option with the Authentication Type to PSK. The only catch was that I had to populate the DNS servers and domain suffix manually as this was not being passed to the client from the firewall.

I do have the advantage of being able to tweak the settings, and review all settings on the firewall I was connecting to.

Based on my experience Checkpoint gateways typically run a L2TP.
    I think I have tried any possible combination of options with the Checkpoint Gateway Option, but without success. Can anybody provide a step-by-step completion of the required fields on the Playbook and necessary configuration settings at the Sonicwall firewall? Thanks.
    03-28-12 12:08 PM
    Has anyone been able to get VPN working with Checkpoint R75.40 and the playbook? If yes, can you give me details? I've spent a week with no luck.
    10-24-12 12:44 PM
    I could only get it connected to a checkpoint 1000NW appliance, and that was a real pain. I could not get one connected to a standard L2TP. If you run the mobile fusion server with the playbook authorized on it you don't need VPN, the same as you don't require a vpn for a BB on a BES. The fusion server seems to be the best option. We are running a few this way and it is quick to setup and the playbooks can pull internal sites and shares.
    10-24-12 04:47 PM
    Can I use Remote Desktop still if I go the Fusion route?
    10-24-12 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD