I have a pretty substantial question that I am certain I am not the only one who would like to know.
    That question is; If I am using the secure bluetooth bridge connection between my BB and playbook, can I be paired to a bluetooth stereo headset(or any bluetooth headset) and be able to make calls, listen to music etc.?
    I don't know if this has been covered as there has been a lot of info on the playbook to date. But if this capability is not there, that would be a very big negative for me as I am an avid user of bluetooth headsets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 12:18 PM
    It's been my experience with devices in the past that having 2 bluetooth connections at once was difficult if not impossible. Perhaps with the QNX OS and the robust processor the PB will be able to do it.
    01-21-11 12:49 PM
    Yea, that's what I'm hoping..

01-21-11 12:54 PM
    I'm testing the inpulse smart watch right now . It works while on phone calls with a bt headset.

So I don't see why the PlayBook would have issues.

01-21-11 01:07 PM
    Back when CB was posting BlackBerry Maximus blogs, the 8220 blog recounted the first Bifurcated BT connection. If an 8220 can do it.....

BlackBerrius Maximus - part V - the Flip Edition! | CrackBerry.com

""Wait a second" I said in a startle. "This thing is connected to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time!" I couldn't contain my excitement. "Dad," she said. "You really are a nerd."

The insult notwithstanding, I blurted out "Sara, do you realize what we just did?" "Killed 45 minutes of the trip?" She said coyly. "No," I said. We have just bifurcated Bluetooth!" I said with glee. "Dad," she said again..."You really are a nerd." "No, "I protested - we have bifurcated Bluetooth - I think we invented something here." "
    01-21-11 02:33 PM
    most bluetooth chips can support 2 connections simultaneously.

they are asynchronous and sychronous one of each at a time.

i get these mixed up sometimes so this might be backwards.

synchronous is voice and asynchronous is data

so yes you can use the bridge (asynchronous) along with a bluetooth headset (synchronous)
    Sean CueTen likes this.
    01-25-11 08:45 AM
    I have not played around with the Bluetooth feature on my BB, but seeing how the first PlayBook is going to rely largely on the Bridge. I'm sure RIM will make due with allowing the device to be able to connect to or allow multiple connections as possible. I don't know how many, per se. But even if that option is not there if enough people bring it to their attention, they might come up with a fix for it. Another thing that might end up happening is someone coming up with a third party application, which allows users to connect multiple devices to the PB.
    01-25-11 12:24 PM
    I've always tried with 2 voice things
    01-25-11 12:29 PM
    I have paired both a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 and a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser Mouse to my PlayBook. My PlayBook reports "2 Peripherals" when I select the bluetooth icon in the top right. I have not been able to use both devices at the same time. Both devices work fine when used separately. When I am using the mouse then try to use the keyboard, I must cycle the power on the keyboard otherwise the keyboard will not work. When the keyboard begins working, the mouse is no longer working. I must disconnect then reconnect the mouse to get the mouse working again. And when the mouse starts working again, the keyboard no longer works. That behaviour repeats even though the PB shows 2 peripherals connected.
    02-02-12 01:54 AM
    I have paired both a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 and a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser Mouse to my PlayBook. My PlayBook reports "2 Peripherals" when I select the bluetooth icon in the top right. I have not been able to use both devices at the same time. Both devices work fine when used separately. When I am using the mouse then try to use the keyboard, I must cycle the power on the keyboard otherwise the keyboard will not work. When the keyboard begins working, the mouse is no longer working. I must disconnect then reconnect the mouse to get the mouse working again. And when the mouse starts working again, the keyboard no longer works. That behaviour repeats even though the PB shows 2 peripherals connected.
    I think your issue is that both accessories are trying to use the same BT profile.

What I mean is you can have a BT keyboard and BT headphones and a BB Bridged via BT all at the same time because those are all using different BT profiles.

But you can't have 2 pairs of BT headphones working at the same time because those are both using the audio profile. Same thing with your KB & Mouse those are both using the input profile.

So I think that you will need to find a paired BT KB/Mouse combo to be able to use both at the same time (but I don't think those even exist)

...but I may be completely wrong about all of this
    02-02-12 03:10 AM
    I have a pretty substantial question that I am certain I am not the only one who would like to know.
    That question is; If I am using the secure bluetooth bridge connection between my BB and playbook, can I be paired to a bluetooth stereo headset(or any bluetooth headset) and be able to make calls, listen to music etc.?
    I don't know if this has been covered as there has been a lot of info on the playbook to date. But if this capability is not there, that would be a very big negative for me as I am an avid user of bluetooth headsets.

I have used my PB paired to Apple Keyboard, bridged and connected to a Nokia stereo BT headset listening to music and answering calls when they come in either routed to the headset or the handset i think that answers your query specifically
    02-02-12 03:47 AM
    I have used my PB paired to Apple Keyboard, bridged and connected to a Nokia stereo BT headset listening to music and answering calls when they come in either routed to the headset or the handset i think that answers your query specifically
    He asked that question over a year ago. I think he already got his answer :P
    02-02-12 03:58 AM
    He asked that question over a year ago. I think he already got his answer :P
    Hmmm interesting, A2DP was no way near the PB then, it still isn't officially....
    02-02-12 04:30 AM
    Hmmm interesting, A2DP was no way near the PB then, it still isn't officially....
    Yep it'll still be a couple weeks before it officially has it, but I'm loving it on mine. I think a lot of people just assumed the PB would have it at launch. I know I did.
    02-02-12 04:33 AM
    I have the BlackBerry PlayBook connected via Bluetooth to my BlackBerry Bold 9780 and Hip Street keyboard simultaneously without any problems. You cannot however connect two BlackBerry smartphones at the same time to one BlackBerry PlayBook which makes sense.
    02-02-12 05:18 AM
    I routinely have my PB connected to my curve, my hp touchpad keyboard and my bluetooth mouse simultaneously.. seems to work fine... again, if I understand the question correctly.
    02-02-12 05:27 AM
    My experience OS2.0.7111.
    I can pair simultaneously both my 9900 phone and BT headphone/mic (Rapoo H6060).
    Sound often gets deprecated while bridged browsing and music listening simultaneously: sometimes PB looses the bridge (while icons say it is bridged) resulting in "a network error occurred" browser message. EDIT : Bridged email, contacts and agenda works w/o noticeable problem.
    From what I've read about future bridge and media streaming capabilities, I won't be surprised that the current beta BT stack will be greatly improved in final release.

Anyway, BT still have limitations in terms of bandwidth and compatibility between BT devices has always been a headache to me ... let's wait for a couple of days.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-02-12 at 05:31 AM.
    02-02-12 05:28 AM
    Back when CB was posting BlackBerry Maximus blogs, the 8220 blog recounted the first Bifurcated BT connection. If an 8220 can do it.....

BlackBerrius Maximus - part V - the Flip Edition! | CrackBerry.com

""Wait a second" I said in a startle. "This thing is connected to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time!" I couldn't contain my excitement. "Dad," she said. "You really are a nerd."

The insult notwithstanding, I blurted out "Sara, do you realize what we just did?" "Killed 45 minutes of the trip?" She said coyly. "No," I said. We have just bifurcated Bluetooth!" I said with glee. "Dad," she said again..."You really are a nerd." "No, "I protested - we have bifurcated Bluetooth - I think we invented something here." "
    I wish I could bi-LOCATE my pb so I could have 2 of them, and maybe increase it's size to 64gb
    02-02-12 07:57 AM
    I routinely have my PB bridged to my 9810 and am listening to music on the PB via BT headsets. like someone above me posted, while browsing via bridge it does drop out or stutter, or the music will stutter on occasion. This is of course on 2.0.7111. I can also do this on my phone and that shows no problems when bridged browsing and listening to music/answering calls.
    02-02-12 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD