• It is as good as a desktop client

1 20.00%
  • It is just a mobile inbox, like on BB

0 0%
  • You can do everything, but it is painful

1 20.00%
  • Just use webmail

3 60.00%
    This may come across as a troll, but not intended to be. I am a former BB addict. I tried to make a return with a 9900, and Torch 2. There were two reasons I couldn't do it.

Ironic as it may be, the 1st reason I couldn't go back was the email. I have multiple email accounts, I manually sort emails into folders. I often need to go into those folders to find old emails. I check my email on multiple devices. So IMAP/Exchange is a must. BB OS support for IMAP is minimal. I have heard good things about PB's new mail client. Can someone comment on how well it works with my scenario?

The other reason I couldn't use stick with the 9900 or T2, was the browsing. While OS7's browser is a big leap ahead for RIM, it is no where near the user experience of the iOS's, and was a lot slower than Android's. What is web browsing like on the PB?

Thanks,
    ~S
    02-07-12 10:05 AM
    Your timing is bad.

Until the release of OS 2.0, there is no native mail client on the PB, so the only choice possible for the survey would be "just use webmail."

If you have a BlackBerry, you can 'bridge' your PB to your BlackBerry, and email handling is identical, i.e. no IMAP folder support.

With the release of OS 2.0, things are promised to change. That said, I never assume anything when it comes to RIM until it's actually in my hands. I will not comment on beta software, and no official release date has been set for 2.0 to my knowledge.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-07-12 10:14 AM
    Oh, I thought they had released the native email prior to 2.0. I guess we'll have to wait for 2.0 release to see.
    02-07-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD