Hello,
    Just a quick question, since the software update over recent days (2.1.0.1088), I can longer connect my playbook to the laptop (Windows 7) using the supplied lead - anyone else experienced this, it just does not recognise it when plugged in
    Please excuse my question, I have only had the Playbook for a week and its all new to me - Many thanks in advance for any help.
    10-30-12 02:09 PM
    Hey daz1969,
    I had that issue too and I just deleted the desktop software and reinstalled it. The drivers for the playbook loaded and away I went. Have fun with your playbook.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-30-12 02:23 PM
    My laptop has 1 USB 2.0 port and 2 USB 3.0 ports. It won't recognize the Playbook when connected to the USB 2.0 port but does when connected to the USB 3.0 ports.
    10-30-12 05:25 PM
    My laptop has 1 USB 2.0 port and 2 USB 3.0 ports. It won't recognize the Playbook when connected to the USB 2.0 port but does when connected to the USB 3.0 ports.
    yeah... here's what I've learned.. its windows... not the playbook. my windows 7 enterprise did want it associating with the network.

my friend came over last night and I challenged him to connect usb sync to his laptop. told him it was just gonna do the sammme tbing it was doing to me. well I learn his system is uncurrupt by anything internet, or device related. its the one computer that doesn't get updated..he just reinstalls his software every few months. anyways, low n behold
    he actually got online and downloaded bb desktop software, ...bam bam bam... it synced no problem...it pissed me off so bad, lol... but after last night I synced to my desktop just fine.... the one variable that I changed in order to make it work.... I used the original data cable that came with theplaybook... I'm gonna try to sync later with my yellow flat data cable I bought fom china... its heen working fine till the 1032 update. as soonas it completed the update, it restarted ...and that's when it started rejecting the playbook. I never even had a chance to pull the cord outta the usb slot, lol hope some of that helps...its def windows , or the usb cable... toy around with diff cables is u have ome spare ones..
    10-30-12 05:50 PM