I decided to do a full backup of my PlayBook before OS2 comes out. The backup failed part way through and I disconnected the tablet from my laptop. Now it won't connect to my home wifi, which was never a problem before. I've checked the settings and as far as I can tell they are OK. I am able to connect to the wifi with my laptop and my iPod Touch. I just cannot connect with my PB. I restarted it, but that didn't help any. I've been waiting expectantly for OS2, but now I won't be able to get it until I figure out what is wrong!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    02-21-12 02:24 AM
    You router is overloaded with excitement, probably?
    02-21-12 02:26 AM
    On a serious note, wait for the update to hit the servers and update via DM. If your problem is software related, the update should fix it.
    02-21-12 02:28 AM
    You router is overloaded with excitement, probably?
    No doubt that is the case.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-21-12 02:28 AM
    On a serious note, wait for the update to hit the servers and update via DM. If your problem is software related, the update should fix it.
    I never thought of that! Thanks! Hopefully that will take care of the problem. I can't figure out how backing it up would cause the wifi connectivity problem, unless a file got corrupted somehow in the process.

Are we still expecting the release at 4:01? And would that probably be Eastern Time, since that's the time zone RIM is located in?
    02-21-12 02:32 AM
    Are we still expecting the release at 4:01? And would that probably be Eastern Time, since that's the time zone RIM is located in?
    I wish I knew. Sorry no help on this one.
    02-21-12 02:34 AM
    Well, my PB was working perfectly. Just downloaded the new 2.0 this morning and now it will not connect to WIFI. UGHHHHHHHH
    Any suggestions???
    02-21-12 07:07 AM
    Mines the same, can not connect to wifi, and it just searches for it forever and never finds a wifi signal
    02-21-12 07:09 AM
    same here, not connecting to wifi, bridge bbm missing, cant open anything under bridge except bridge browser :S
    was excited now kinda pissed
    02-21-12 07:09 AM
    Have you tried using "saved networks"? It worked fine for me!
    02-21-12 07:21 AM
    For bridge, you need to download the bridge update on your phone! as for the wifi, having the same problem...plus mine is running slower than crap. takes 5 minutes to restart.
    02-21-12 07:32 AM
    "saved" networks didn't work for me either!
    02-21-12 08:01 AM
    i have re installed everything, bridge, 3 times, now reloading software for playbook, scared :S bridge applications are not opening up.
    02-21-12 09:13 AM
    My friend's pb had same issue (before OS 2.0 update). Hoping OS 2.0 would fix it... didn't. Now her pb is an expensive paperweight.

Did a full security wipe (which makes things worse considering now it can't finish set up). Been seeing a number of these posts - can't be a hardware coincidence (or maybe it is).
    02-21-12 08:59 PM
    Have the same issue, did OS2 on mine and went fine but just did the wife's and it won't connect to WIFI now. Constantly spinning trying to wifi and a manual setup doesn't work. If I go under the about tab in the config it doesn't display any WIFI hardware present.

More info, it doesn't display a mac address anymore under the WIFI options. Wonder if some of the earlier PB's have a different WIFI adapter version that might now support OS2. Need to figure out how to revert to the previous version.
    Last edited by alexdc03; 02-21-12 at 09:19 PM.
    02-21-12 09:11 PM
    I was having the same problem this morning. My saved wifi connections were empty after the update. Eventually I did a security wipe and the wifi ( and everything else) works fine now.
    02-21-12 09:18 PM
    Any other thoughts/ideas out there?

I've forced reinstalls 2 or 3 times now (using DS to "update" before pb loads enough to tell DS that it just isn't set up). Still no luck. The spinning green wheel is driving me nuts.
    02-22-12 01:37 AM
    Ya my wifi don't work after update either

Edit: security wipe worked! Thanks
    Last edited by baysed408; 02-22-12 at 02:45 AM.
    02-22-12 02:04 AM
    I'm a newbie only having had my pb for a month now. I tried to download 2.0 yesterday but the download was interrupted and when completed I now can't connect to wifi.

Being a newbie though I don't understand some of the references in posts above - how do you "use DS to update before pb loads"? What is "DM"?

Any help gratefully received!!
    02-22-12 02:47 AM
    I also did the security wipe and everything is fine after a re-config.
    02-22-12 10:49 AM
    I just was unable to connect to wifi after trying the print to go app. I rebooted PB 4 times and still couldn't authenticate and connect. I finally rebooted wireless modem for third time and then re-entered password on PB and voila it worked. I would guess it was an IP address conflict somewhere, by connecting and disconnecting, another device may have acquired the address. not sure, but, makes sense to me
    02-22-12 12:50 PM
    I'm a newbie only having had my pb for a month now. I tried to download 2.0 yesterday but the download was interrupted and when completed I now can't connect to wifi.

Being a newbie though I don't understand some of the references in posts above - how do you "use DS to update before pb loads"? What is "DM"?

Any help gratefully received!!
    DS is desktop software,The reference to DS software before Playbook loads is: Power off your playbook, connect it to computer with the desktop software open, then when the option to update pops up, select that and let it reload the operating system. then reboot your wireless router and then try to connect. It worked for me.
    Jasper18 likes this.
    02-22-12 12:55 PM
    DS is desktop software,The reference to DS software before Playbook loads is: Power off your playbook, connect it to computer with the desktop software open, then when the option to update pops up, select that and let it reload the operating system. then reboot your wireless router and then try to connect. It worked for me.
    Thanks for the advice, I figured out the DS & DM references after posting (doh!) but will try reloading and rebooting wireless router.
    02-23-12 06:43 AM
    your router is overloaded with some exciment :/ oh.,
    02-24-12 06:26 AM
    I am having the same problem with my playbook. Have you solved your problem
    10-11-12 12:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD