Hi, can anyone answer the query & let me know the keystrokes to accomplish this task, please? When borrowing a mates BlackBerry PlayBook, I couldn't segregate photos or vid's into separately named folders of my choosing. Any assistance would be appreciated!!!!
    12-21-11 08:05 AM
    I think the short answer is no but here is another thread discussing the same.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...olders-680427/
    12-21-11 08:24 AM
    Get Files & Folders from AppWorld. Great file explorer app with lots of functionality, including New Folder.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-21-11 08:30 AM
    Thanks rrrebo. I tried that once before and the picture app seemed to ignore it. Just tried again and I have my new folder in there. Ist try on OS 1. This time on OS 2. Does the beta have anything to do with it your was I just not patient enough.
    Maybe files and folders doesn't save changes until you exit?
    Last edited by Chaddface; 12-21-11 at 08:46 AM.
    12-21-11 08:42 AM
    AIR Browser gives you the ability to create new folders as well. And it's free.
    kahuna234 likes this.
    12-21-11 09:14 AM
    AIR Browser gives you the ability to create new folders as well. And it's free.
    Can you explain further as I don't have a BlackBerry PlayBook with me & can't check appworld to search for 'Air Browser' at the minute. Is it a browser or the program will let me create new folders to store pictures & vid's that I take manually using the BlackBerry PlayBook vs saving downloads using a browser???? Please advise.
    12-21-11 09:28 AM
    Air Browser is a FileManager - kind of like Windows' Explorer. You can create new folders and name them. Then you can copy/move items to that new folder from say, the Camera folder (where new photos are created). It can also open a file and show the contents or view photos, for example opening the Picture app and showing pictures.

The photo folder does use folders to serve as separate albums in the Picture app.

As mentioned, while you can create separate folders for video (I have tv, foreign, etc), the Video app does not care about folders and all item will show up.
    12-21-11 10:33 AM
    Maybe files and folders doesn't save changes until you exit?
    Changes are saved immediately.

The Pictures app (at least on the latest OS2 beta) should show folders as albums as long as they are in the Photos or Camera folder. Images within your Documents folder are not displayed by the Pictures app, AFAIK.

You might like to know that Files & Folders has a built-in thumbnail view and slideshow feature which simply displays all images in the current folder, and also supports embedded EXIF thumbnails for added performance.
    12-21-11 10:35 AM
    OS1 allows for this as well. I plug my pb into my PC via usb, goto the pictures folder and create new folder. Works great.
    12-21-11 10:52 AM
    Changes are saved immediately.

The Pictures app (at least on the latest OS2 beta) should show folders as albums as long as they are in the Photos or Camera folder. Images within your Documents folder are not displayed by the Pictures app, AFAIK.

You might like to know that Files & Folders has a built-in thumbnail view and slideshow feature which simply displays all images in the current folder, and also supports embedded EXIF thumbnails for added performance.
    On OS1, at least, you are right - photos in my documents folder do not show up in the Pictures app. Surprising since it seems that many apps ignore the folder structure and seem to index all kinds of files on the pb.
    12-21-11 11:43 AM
    OS1 allows for this as well. I plug my pb into my PC via usb, goto the pictures folder and create new folder. Works great.
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Manually done! If it's gonna be, looks like it's up to me.....
    Many thanks for all of your feedback through the various replies, fellow crack head's. I love BlackBerry because of Crackberry.com and it's community! Don't think there's a community forum as quality as Crackberry.com on Apple iToy or HTC PHONE world. Don't get me wrong, those formats have a place, it's just that I'm a firm RIM-Head. Thanks again, peep's. No offence intended.
    P.s. Does the manual method work on Os2? Also do new BlackBerry PlayBook's come with os2 pre-installed? Please advise when you folks get a moment. Thanks!
    12-21-11 11:50 AM
    I recorded a short video, opened F&F, went into Videos, tapped New Folder, created a folder called Test Folder. I then opened the Camera folder in F&F, cut the video, navigated to Test Folder, and pasted the video into Test Folder. The video still shows up in the Videos media app in the category All Videos, and it plays.
    12-21-11 12:04 PM
    I'll take a shot at the last question ARQ: I just had two brand new 16gb delivered with v1.0.7 and will require updating to 1.0.8. OS 2 is still in the development stage to my knowledge.

BTW The manual method of creating folders while connected to USB works great. The only problem I encountered was that USB connection was a bit funky through my monitor. When connected at the CPU it works great. So...if you can, avoid the use of USB hubs etc...
    12-21-11 12:08 PM
    Nice One!!!!!!!! Alright lads! Like the smokin replies! Many thanks!

Anyone else got some wicked tips to share on this thread?

Gwan, give it some!
    12-21-11 03:15 PM
    You need Files & Folders to make your life easier. Make all the difference with my PB. Would not want to be without it.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-21-11 05:03 PM
    Thanks "W Hoa". Downloaded Air Browser "FOR FREE" and it works just fine for my needs. Accessible from both Playbook & PC so you can create, copy/paste, etc. folders and files. Much appreciated.
    12-23-11 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD