Hi Just wondering if possible to connect & use my Kindle free 3g with my bb. playbook?

Thanks Alex.
    10-25-13 10:17 AM
    depending on your carrier, you *might* be able to tether it,,, give it a shot...
    alex8886 likes this.
    10-25-13 10:23 AM
    I highly doubt it! Unless your Kindle can act as a hotspot.
    alex8886 likes this.
    10-25-13 10:24 AM
    It looks like there are some hacks out there to turn it into a hotspot. But it also looks like Amazon limit the monthly data to as little as 50MB. Can't blame them for that really.
    10-25-13 10:28 AM
    Hi SEAWARRIOR not very pc. clued up so how would you go about tethering?
    Thanks Alex.
    10-25-13 10:30 AM
    Hi BANCO I wasn't aware of any limits but as I don't use the Kindle very often apart from reading I wouldn't know.

Thanks Alex.
    10-25-13 10:34 AM
    Hi SEAWARRIOR not very pc. clued up so how would you go about tethering?
    Thanks Alex.
    go into the settings menu on the pb, (top right gear), in the left hand menu, look for "internet tethering", & go from there,,, i've never done this, no clue if it'll work, but hey, why not???
    alex8886 likes this.
    10-25-13 10:37 AM
    Hi BANCO I wasn't aware of any limits but as I don't use the Kindle very often apart from reading I wouldn't know.

Thanks Alex.
    I was just doing some reading on that. It seems it depends where in the world you are as to whether it applies.
    10-25-13 10:39 AM
    Reading a little more, it doesn't look very feasible. It's technically possible, but involves a breach of your terms of service with Amazon, and you risk them bricking your Kindle as it will be very apparent and very obvious what you're doing.
    app_Developer and alex8886 like this.
    10-25-13 10:43 AM
    Hi Just wondering if possible to connect & use my Kindle free 3g with my bb. playbook?

Thanks Alex.
    I have the sideloaded kindle app on my pb and it works faultlessly. I also have it on my Z10. Any books you have on your kindle account are available on each device. I have my kindle account setup on my Z10, pb, Galaxy 10.1 tab' Samsung S3 and Samsung S4. all my books are available on each separate device. Just sideload the kindle app onto your pb and the issue of tethering doesn't exsist. ps its also easier to read on a big screen..........I know its my age.....I'm old but hey that's life?
    Banco, SEAWARRIOR and dazzleaj like this.
    10-25-13 10:44 AM
    Reading a little more, it doesn't look very feasible. It's technically possible, but involves a breach of your terms of service with Amazon, and you risk them bricking your Kindle as it will be very apparent and very obvious what you're doing.
    When I login to my amazon account through the web, it lists all my devices mentioned in the above post plus my genuine kindle device. It literally lists them as Mikes android device 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. If you think about it once you have purchased the book it is your property? If you lend it to a friend does amazon take you to court? Your kindle account is no different and the book once purchased is your property. which device you choose to read it on is your affair........ Hope this helps...
    SEAWARRIOR and alex8886 like this.
    10-25-13 10:51 AM
    When I login to my amazon account through the web, it lists all my devices mentioned in the above post plus my genuine kindle device. It literally lists them as Mikes android device 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. If you think about it once you have purchased the book it is your property? If you lend it to a friend does amazon take you to court? Your kindle account is no different and the book once purchased is your property. which device you choose to read it on is your affair........ Hope this helps...
    No, my post refers to using the Kindle as a hotspot - it's not talking about the books.
    10-25-13 11:05 AM
    Think you've missed the point of what the OP is asking about.

He / she clearly has a 3G Kindle device - so it should have 3G data access pretty much everywhere. What it sounds like they want to do, is tether their PlayBook (presumably WiFi only) whilst on the move, so that they have internet access over 3G on their PlayBook.

Don't think it's anything to do with app / Kindle / book / title compatibility. The only relevance of the Kindle device, being it's got 3G connectivity.
    Banco and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    10-25-13 11:10 AM
    No, my post refers to using the Kindle as a hotspot - it's not talking about the books.
    Ok I understand I think? Why would you want to do that when you have a pb and a mobile phone???????????
    10-25-13 11:11 AM
    Ok I understand I think? Why would you want to do that when you have a pb and a mobile phone???????????
    See Wongsky's reply above!
    10-25-13 11:13 AM
    The answer your looking for in that case then is a definite NO! I still refer to my original statement though of "why would you want to"?......... pb running kindle.....tethered to mobile phone.......... why complicate the issue........ I'll leave you with it.....Good luck.....
    10-25-13 11:29 AM
    The answer your looking for in that case then is a definite NO! I still refer to my original statement though of "why would you want to"?......... pb running kindle.....tethered to mobile phone.......... why complicate the issue........ I'll leave you with it.....Good luck.....
    No, that's still not it. Nothing to do with a phone anywhere, we think he's asking about using the Kindle itself as a hotspot for the PlayBook.
    10-25-13 12:10 PM
    No, that's still not it. Nothing to do with a phone anywhere, we think he's asking about using the Kindle itself as a hotspot for the PlayBook.
    mmmmmmm I am stupid but not that stupid? I think the way I phrased it in my post which you just quoted was "The answer your looking for in that case is a definitive NO". Therefore the answer that has nothing to do with a mobile phone anywhere is "A definitive NO"
    10-25-13 12:16 PM
    mmmmmmm I am stupid but not that stupid? I think the way I phrased it in my post which you just quoted was "The answer your looking for in that case is a definitive NO". Therefore the answer that has nothing to do with a mobile phone anywhere is "A definitive NO"
    Ok, have it your way.
    10-25-13 12:23 PM
    Ok so my answer of NO YOU CANT would seem to be wrong according to you?..........So I don't quite understand what your trying to say in the above post? Could you please explain?
    10-25-13 12:36 PM
    Ok so my answer of NO YOU CANT would seem to be wrong according to you?..........So I don't quite understand what your trying to say in the above post? Could you please explain?
    As I said, it looks like there's a possible hack to do it, but Amazon will be able to identify that the device is downloading lots of data and cripple it or brick it, because it's against the terms of use. So there's no point.
    10-25-13 12:42 PM
    As I said, it looks like there's a possible hack to do it, but Amazon will be able to identify that the device is downloading lots of data and cripple it or brick it, because it's against the terms of use. So there's no point.
    Ok I concede, pedantry has never been a strongpoint of mine. If I understand you correctly, your saying "YES" you can do it, but "NO" it wont work and could possibly damage your device? Did I get that correct?
    10-25-13 01:29 PM
    What do you want to do on your playbook you cantndo on the fire?
    10-25-13 01:40 PM
    Ok I concede, pedantry has never been a strongpoint of mine. If I understand you correctly, your saying "YES" you can do it, but "NO" it wont work and could possibly damage your device? Did I get that correct?
    It's not exactly me being pedantic when I posted first and you went off on entirely unrelated topics about books and phones.

But as I say, have it your way.
    10-25-13 01:41 PM
    Even a stopped clock...

Surely there's probably somebody talking about booze or cats, or something, that's going on without your attention?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-25-13 01:48 PM
37 12