I have not purchased a playbook yet and thinking of purchasing one.....i ordered one on shop blackberry which was not a good experience.

I would like to use playbook for work...is it possible to open a microsoft word file and edit it then convert to pdf on a playbook?
    08-22-12 08:27 AM
    Yes you can use Smart Office 2 - which is an office suite. It has the option to save as PDF.
    hasib123 likes this.
    08-22-12 08:29 AM
    Smart Office 2 is $9.99 so before buying try Smart Office Lite for the Save As feature to Adobe pdf file as it's Free V2.0 at moment and includes this feature....
    hasib123 likes this.
    08-22-12 08:51 AM
    I have not purchased a playbook yet and thinking of purchasing one.....i ordered one on shop blackberry which was not a good experience.

I would like to use playbook for work...is it possible to open a microsoft word file and edit it then convert to pdf on a playbook?
    there are many FREE onlineservices that allows you to either upload or email a PDF (or word) file to them, and they do the conversion for you.

PDF to Word Converter
    OnlinePDFConverter
    hasib123 likes this.
    08-22-12 10:32 AM
    I use the email services as well sooner than the apps
    08-22-12 11:48 AM
    The apps will not preserve some formatting, so the document may look different than the original if you created it on something other than the Playbook.
    08-22-12 11:54 AM
    You can use print to go (comes included with the PB) on your PC to print anything including a Word doc to a .pdf directly to your Playbook. I love and use this feature almost daily.
    hasib123 likes this.
    08-22-12 12:23 PM
    You can use print to go (comes included with the PB) on your PC to print anything including a Word doc to a .pdf directly to your Playbook. I love and use this feature almost daily.

Do you know if I can combine documents....
    08-22-12 12:52 PM
    Files & Folders can convert to PDF via Google Docs. It works by copying & pasting your .doc to Google and back, converting on the fly.
    08-22-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD