I feel like in a huge trap.
    when I try to sideload, cannot connect playbook to pc, because development mode turns automatically on the password protection and the password is NOT what was just created for the sideloader... I have no clue what that password is, just had to wipe off everything from the playbook because of this reason.
    can anybody help please?
    I am still trying to get back the video chat app onto my playbook, which is I-don't-know-why missing in the first place but it does.
    very frustrating
    01-25-16 04:20 AM
    Playbook is too old man, my mom still use one and works very well. I remember trying to side load apps and is was a frustrating experience.
    swadarshan likes this.
    01-25-16 04:38 AM
    well I don't actually want to sideload, but video chat app (by BlackBerry originally) is missing for some reason. and I got this advice here on the forum to sideload it. it sounds weird to me, as it is not android app, but still, I need it.
    01-25-16 07:05 AM
    old is not bad imo, I'm using this playbook now for a while and I really like it. it is very stable and it has much more worth for me in it as any other tabs do nowdays. I wouldn't be able to choose any other tab. but there is no video chat app on it and I need that feature too.
    01-25-16 07:09 AM
    p.
    when I try to sideload, cannot connect playbook to pc, because development mode turns automatically on the password protection and the password is NOT what was just created for the sideloader... I have no clue what that password is,
    When your device is in development mode, YOU put in your own special password.
    development mode turns automatically on the password protection and the password is NOT what was just created for the sideloader...
    Show me the screen you are speaking of. Hold down both volume buttons until it takes a screen shot.

Original thread with answer.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post12227951
    swadarshan likes this.
    01-25-16 07:29 AM
    When your device is in development mode, YOU put in your own special password.
    Show me the screen you are speaking of. Hold down both volume buttons until it takes a screen shot.

Original thread with answer.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post12227951
    I did screen pictures yesterday when this happened. 3 from playbook one from pc bb link.
    the password created automatically is for the device. it is locking playbook, and its connections.
    I have read in other threads yesterday, it does happen for others too, but they said the password was the same as what they chosen for the installer. in my case it wasn't the same, and as I have used up all the maximum numbers of trying passwords, eventually it wiped off everything from playbook.
    it was similar to a factory reset, but from after that, there is a small red line in the left upper corner on the edge of the screen.
    I'm sure that is for reason...
    Attached Thumbnails Can I get some help with a sideloading issue on my Playbook?-12636916_1045802065441610_904419262_o.jpg   Can I get some help with a sideloading issue on my Playbook?-12633376_1045803012108182_688935194_o.jpg   Can I get some help with a sideloading issue on my Playbook?-12630816_1045802062108277_459430500_o.jpg   Can I get some help with a sideloading issue on my Playbook?-playbook-bb-link-connection.jpg  
    01-25-16 02:01 PM
    the password created automatically is for the device
    It is not created automatically.

but from after that, there is a small red line in the left upper corner on the edge of the screen.
    That's is to notify you that you have a message available. It's probably a welcome message.
    01-25-16 02:21 PM
    It is not created automatically.

That's is to notify you that you have a message available. It's probably a welcome message.
    apparently it is created automatically, if you read after it, does happen to others too.
    when switching to development mode. I have certainly not created, I do remember checking through the whole settings earlier and having that one OFF. only after development mode all of a sudden it was ON.
    please not state something like if knew it better, unless you were here seeing and experiencing the same as me. thanks
    Last edited by swadarshan; 01-27-16 at 07:13 AM.
    01-26-16 05:42 AM
    Part of the problem is that you're not being clear as to what your problem is. As Rustybronco said, entering development mode does not automatically create a password. One of two things happens- if you have a password set on your playbook, upon entering development mode you'll be prompted for your password. If you don't have a password set, upon entering development mode you'll be prompted to set a password. Nothing is created automatically except for these prompts. Now you stated that you wound up wiping your playbook, so at this point, your lost password should not be an issue. I'm also guessing that you want to enter development mode in order to sideload the video chat app. I've also gathered from this and/or other threads that you want to videochat with your mother in Hungary. But she, apparently, was having problems with setting up her gmail account on her playbook. When I suggested that she set up a Yahoo or Hotmail account, you said that she was too technically challenged to do so. Since I've also gathered that she'll need to also sideload the videochat app, how will she be able to pull this off if she's that technically challenged? Exactly where do you stand right now, and what do you want from us?
    01-26-16 04:05 PM
    You don't use BlackBerry Desktop or Link software to sideload a bar file. Use the Chrome extension over WiFi instead...

http://m.crackberry.com/sideloading-...browser-plugin

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan likes this.
    01-26-16 04:31 PM
    You don't use BlackBerry Desktop or Link software to sideload a bar file. Use the Chrome extension over WiFi instead...

Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    yeah that will be my next trial on a different computer which already uses chrome. I don't use chrome and I don't even want to, and got not much space left to install another browser. still I'm not sure how to connect to a pc, when a pc usually does not recognize a Blackberry without a desktop software. but I will certainly give it a try.
    01-27-16 07:21 AM
    Part of the problem is that you're not being clear as to what your problem is. As Rustybronco said, entering development mode does not automatically create a password. One of two things happens- if you have a password set on your playbook, upon entering development mode you'll be prompted for your password. If you don't have a password set, upon entering development mode you'll be prompted to set a password. Nothing is created automatically except for these prompts. Now you stated that you wound up wiping your playbook, so at this point, your lost password should not be an issue. I'm also guessing that you want to enter development mode in order to sideload the video chat app. I've also gathered from this and/or other threads that you want to videochat with your mother in Hungary. But she, apparently, was having problems with setting up her gmail account on her playbook. When I suggested that she set up a Yahoo or Hotmail account, you said that she was too technically challenged to do so. Since I've also gathered that she'll need to also sideload the videochat app, how will she be able to pull this off if she's that technically challenged? Exactly where do you stand right now, and what do you want from us?
    I'm grateful that you spent this much time to understand my situation, and you try to help.
    if you have read all that, you have certainly seen also that I have actually been able to set gmail account for my mother, and with that everything is working now fine. so I believe, whatever I am able to do on my playbook, I am also able to instruct her to do it on the other side too.
    I am very sure, I have not created any password for locking device, when switching on development mode. the password I created wasn't for that, eventhough I tried that password too, it didn't work.
    01-27-16 07:30 AM
    I am very sure, I have not created any password for locking device, when switching on development mode. the password I created wasn't for that, eventhough I tried that password too, it didn't work.
    You may have just made a mistake when you created the password. When entering development mode, you will have to create a lock password for the Playbook is it does not already have a password lock. The development password is the same as the lock password.

I made a mistake going into development mode on a PlayBook which had not had a password on it and I must have miss typed the password twice when creating it. When I tried the password I thought I had set, it didn't work and the PlayBook needed to be wiped and I started over.

Just to be clear, there are at least three types of passwords on the Playbook. You may be confusing them.

The BlackBerryID password - This is for ownership of the PlayBook and BlackBerryWorld software installed on it. You need this to setup a PlayBook and this BlackBerryID and password needs to match when you restore backups. In other words, the backup has to be from a PlayBook setup with the same BlackBerryID. Occasionally the PlayBook will prompt for your BlackBerryID password. I have seen this if the PlayBook has not been used in a long time.

Lock Screen Password - This is the password that you set for the lock screen and is also the development mode password.

File Sharing Password - This is the password for computers to access the files on your PlayBook via wifi and Windows networking.

i assume you are confusing the BlackBerryID password or wifi sharing Password with the lock screen/development mode password.
    01-27-16 10:15 AM