Hey Guys , i'm new to CB so sorry if I sound noobish , but I recently bought a 32GB Playbook and everything's going great , sideloading apps is going well , i have a decent amount of games , movies , songs , pictures , but im missing something .-. I was told that you could customize your icons by rooting , buuuuuut I have the latest OS which doesn't support rooting. So I was wondering if there was a way I could downgrade and IF thats possible would everything I have be lost ? Thanks for your time
    07-09-13 09:45 PM
    Hi, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to show device(s), carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

I edited your thread title to be specific.
    If you can imagine a whole forum full of threads called "Please help" or similar, it would be hard to find anything!
    07-09-13 09:53 PM
    Hey Guys , i'm new to CB so sorry if I sound noobish , but I recently bought a 32GB Playbook and everything's going great , sideloading apps is going well , i have a decent amount of games , movies , songs , pictures , but im missing something .-. I was told that you could customize your icons by rooting , buuuuuut I have the latest OS which doesn't support rooting. So I was wondering if there was a way I could downgrade and IF thats possible would everything I have be lost ? Thanks for your time
    Once you have updated to the latest OS, there is no going back since it is blacklisted from starting. However, if more details are known about exploiting BB10 and then downgrading, then it may be possible in the future to gain and retain root.
    07-09-13 10:08 PM
    There is a thread that should serve as a warning to folks not to tamper too much with rooting. Obviously, some folks have gotten away without issue but one guy has a bricked and possibly unrecoverable pb.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...any-os-826269/
    07-10-13 12:06 AM
    Hi, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to show device(s), carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

I edited your thread title to be specific.
    If you can imagine a whole forum full of threads called "Please help" or similar, it would be hard to find anything!
    Thanks for the welcome and advice , got it done(:
    07-10-13 01:07 AM
    Once you have updated to the latest OS, there is no going back since it is blacklisted from starting. However, if more details are known about exploiting BB10 and then downgrading, then it may be possible in the future to gain and retain root.
    Thanks for letting me know , saved me a lot of effort
    07-10-13 01:08 AM
    There is a thread that should serve as a warning to folks not to tamper too much with rooting. Obviously, some folks have gotten away without issue but one guy has a bricked and possibly unrecoverable pb.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...any-os-826269/
    Thanks , saved another almost bricked Playbook
    07-10-13 01:08 AM