I was wondering if there was a way to play the music files on my Z10 on my PlayBook? I store all of my music files on my Z10's sd card because I have no more space on my PlayBook. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:55 PM
    Some of the file managers can provide access to the bb phones, at least, ones with OS7 on them. I can't recall if you can play more than one tune at a time. Our man, Pacoman, might have more info...........
    04-22-13 06:11 PM
    Our man, Pacoman, might have more info...........
    Huh? Who, me? Anyhow, I don't have a BB phone, so I don't really know about connecting to them with one of the (android) file managers. Nevertheless, there are at least three that can connect to other computers on your wifi network- Ghost Commander, ES File Explorer, and X-Plore, that might be able to connect to your phone.. Only Ghost is in app world, the other two need to be sideloaded. ES and X-Plore have the ability to scan for networked devices- with Ghost you need to manually input the ip address of the device you want to connect to. If you can connect, ES will allow you to queue multiple songs for playback in its internal media player.
    04-22-13 09:47 PM
    Huh? Who, me? Anyhow, I don't have a BB phone, so I don't really know about connecting to them with one of the (android) file managers. Nevertheless, there are at least three that can connect to other computers on your wifi network- Ghost Commander, ES File Explorer, and X-Plore, that might be able to connect to your phone.. Only Ghost is in app world, the other two need to be sideloaded. ES and X-Plore have the ability to scan for networked devices- with Ghost you need to manually input the ip address of the device you want to connect to. If you can connect, ES will allow you to queue multiple songs for playback in its internal media player.
    I will have to give it a shot but the pb is currently downstairs attached to my TV via hdmi. I'll keep this thread open on my computer to remind the gray matter to check into it later.
    sparkaction likes this.
    04-22-13 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering if ES would work over a LTE connection or what if I enable wifi hotspot on my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:20 PM
    Okay, Ghost is now playing a track from the Four Seasons that is located on my phone. I'm not sure that I can play more than one track. In Ghost all I did was keep navigating upward until I could see "BLACKBERRY" and selected it, then the SD card, then Blackberry folder and then music. I did select 3 tracks but to play, I had to reselect from the left part of the column, negating my multi-selections. No second track is playing. But I'm not sure of Ghost stuff so I may have missed something.
    04-23-13 12:03 AM
    Using ES: While I got to the usb-connected hard drive hanging off my router, I'm still trying to get to my 9930.

Success - Berlioz Sym Fantastique! It appears all of the tracks I selected are open in the Now Playing List in ES

I followed the same navigation upward I used in Ghost till I saw Blackberry (the phone) and navigated to my music and a folder.

edited to add: still on the first track but there's even a Red Notification corner and when tapped, it shows the track I'm playing. Sometimes the pb does amaze me! (back in 4 minutes to see if it moves on to the next track)

further edited to add: Now on track 2. So I would say that I can access an OS7 device using ES (sideloaded) on my pb and play multiple tracks. Whether this holds true for the z10, I can't say but hopefully, you'll let us know.

And thanks, I have not listened to Berlioz in quite a while.
    Last edited by F2; 04-23-13 at 12:36 AM.
    04-23-13 12:21 AM
    Now, while your tunes are playing, you can bottom swipe to go back, navigate to more tunes, select or multi select, then press and hold on a selection, choose "music", then "add to playing". Repeat as desired. Then, to get back to the player, swipe from the top, choose "more", then "Music". Here, you can then swipe from the top, and choose save. This will give you a playlist. This works with local media- not sure about bridged.
    Edit that last part- You can create playlists of media stored on your PC, so bridged media will probably work. Playlists don't work with cloud based media.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-23-13 12:41 AM