Best Answer

Oct 02 2014 | 6:08 pm EDT Elite1

You can't do either.

There was a very, very short-lived (like 1-2 days) root of the PlayBook a couple years back. Nobody has hacked it since, so no Android.

BB10 was being developed and then the project was dropped. BBRY claimed the PlayBook's 1GB RAM wasn't sufficient to run BB10 smoothly. That was during the heart of their financial woes, so they possibly couldn't afford the proper manpower to make it happen.

Unless BBRY makes a very surprising announcement otherwise, the current PlayBook OS v2.x is as far as that OS will go.

More Answers

Oct 02 2014 | 6:46 pm EDT pacoman03

Short answer.... you can't.
Longer answer is that you can load the dev alpha 10.0.xx OS on your Playbook. A number of people have done so. The consensus opinion, however, is that there is no point in doing so since the OS is severly crippled and buggy running on the Playbook.

Oct 02 2014 | 7:59 pm EDT axllebeer

As a PlayBook fan and BBM Channel owner, if you want to play with Android on the PlayBook the best you can do is convert a launcher and use that. The experience will be poor and it doesn't really offer you anything extra whatsoever.

I love my PlayBook for what it is, and have found many uses for it. If you are wanting to tinker with it then I recommend installing DosBox for the App World store then see what DOS apps you can get to run on it with a Bluetooth keyboard. That's what I've been doing lately as my Windows 8 machine won't run them without doing the same thing. But it's easier on the PlayBook.

Cheers.

Oct 02 2014 | 8:15 pm EDT CTU2fan

I thought I remembered a thread on here about Win95 on Playbook, but I never tried that.

Posted via CB10

Oct 02 2014 | 8:20 pm EDT axllebeer

I thought I remembered a thread on here about Win95 on Playbook, but I never tried that.

Posted via CB10
True! Someone succeeded in getting it running. I have all the files and never have attempted it yet. Must put it on my list.

Oct 04 2014 | 1:28 pm EDT kthhrrsn

How can I convert my blackberry playbook to bb10 or Android?
You can't! And that question has been answered as far back as 2 years ago!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport