Can BB be sued by someone as per law. They promised for BB10 on PB but did not fulfill it. Now, do they need to prepare for legal battle. Seen somewhere in one of the thread that in Germany people can return their PB. Wont those company who sold BB on first place ask for their money??
    07-01-13 02:38 PM
    Mecca EL and Jonesy1966 like this.
    07-01-13 02:42 PM
    What are the damages?
    07-01-13 02:56 PM
    Right that's it you Ambassador type person you. You are single whole handedly responsible for me going down to my cellar. That's all I need on this forum is a humorous intelligent Ambassador! What do you think your playing at my good man?

I'll be in my cellar for the rest of the evening, day, night........... Oh you know what I mean!
    07-01-13 03:04 PM
    Right that's it you Ambassador type person you. You are single whole handedly responsible for me going down to my cellar. That's all I need on this forum is a humorous intelligent Ambassador! What do you think your playing at my good man?

I'll be in my cellar for the rest of the evening, day, night........... Oh you know what I mean!
    You lost me... Are you saying I can't have a sense of humor now
    sad_old_man and Mecca EL like this.
    07-01-13 03:19 PM
    You lost me... Are you saying I can't have a sense of humor now
    But my good man, you have an important position to uphold as one of them there thingy Ambassador type people persons. Humor is not in the rulebook so stop it immediately.

ps I can't hear you anyway cause you sent me to the cellar remember!
    07-01-13 03:26 PM
    But my good man, you have an important position to uphold as one of them there thingy Ambassador type people persons. Humor is not in the rulebook so stop it immediately.

ps I can't hear you anyway cause you sent me to the cellar remember!
    I'll end up like this guy then...

sad_old_man and Mecca EL like this.
    07-01-13 03:28 PM
    definitely. what happened was clear misrepresentation.
    07-01-13 03:28 PM
    I can't hear you because as you know you sent me to my cellar, but if I could hear you I would say "yes" definitely.
    07-01-13 03:30 PM
    Laws and jurisdictions vary. Damages? Rescind the sale and recover the sales proceeds? That seems to be the case in Germany. That could be the case in others locales, too. More or less might depend.

But the nonsense end - is in some places, anybody and sue anybody else. Reasons, good or bad are not necessary. The outcomes - who knows!
    07-01-13 04:05 PM
    Even if they have sold 100000 units based on this they got around 15000000$ (taking 150$ a piece).If unsold these units would have cost them that much.
    definitely. what happened was clear misrepresentation.
    07-01-13 04:06 PM
    Laws and jurisdictions vary. Damages? Rescind the sale and recover the sales proceeds? That seems to be the case in Germany. That could be the case in others locales, too. More or less might depend.

But the nonsense end - is in some places, anybody and sue anybody else. Reasons, good or bad are not necessary. The outcomes - who knows!
    In the end all pb owners get 99 cents app for their suffering.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 04:07 PM
    Simply put. NO! It will be thrown out in court and right fully so.

Typed via BB Z10. Find me on Twitter @ahsonn_carter
    07-01-13 04:08 PM
    lol, this community sucks so much, mostly because it's filled with 12 years olds
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-01-13 04:13 PM
    06-24-2013, 12:44 PM #34 Report Post

thought for the day===

if BB renigs on the "10" upgrade for the PB, will this open them up to litigation considering this was/is part of a sales promotion??? would this be akin to false advetising???
    07-01-13 04:18 PM
    As I PB owner (two purchased in the second wave in 2011 at $199), I can't fathom any world where this would be a lawsuit. i don't think there would be any legal basis, but as someone state, the law is different in different places. For the record, if someone starts a class action suite, I am out. I use my playbook as I think originally intended, as a companion to my BB (8910 in my case). The bridge is a great thing, and allows me to use the BP as an extension of my device. I have side loaded apps to use it as a book reader (Kindle), and news reader. Thanks to the bridge, I use it for work when I must review presentations (PowerPoint), and with an HDMI to VGA adapter, also use it to present at meetings. I like the OS on the BP, and yes it is "BB10 rev 0"..
    In short, the BP is what it is, and is still just as useful to me today as it was the day prior to Thor's announcement, so I have lost nothing. I also get that putting BB10 on the playbook would divide Blackberrys resources, which they can not afford, and that BB10 on the playbook would (could) result is a device with less than stellar performance, that woudl reflect poorly on blackberry (and would really upset BP users). I know everyone is disappointed, so vent away. But law suite.....really??
    lovemyplaybook and Mecca EL like this.
    07-01-13 04:22 PM
    In the end all pb owners get 99 cents app for their suffering.

But we're unlikely to find one we'd want in the sad and lonely pb app world

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-13 04:24 PM
    This is a rediculous question! I am sure your playbooks work just fine. I paid $499.00 for my playbook on day one and it still works the same as the first day I purchased it! All the complainers are people who bought them at a steep discount. Stop crying!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-01-13 04:32 PM
    Folks, we have a thread dedicated to talk of a class action lawsuit already. This one is getting locked before folks start getting in trouble.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-suit-823173/
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-01-13 at 05:00 PM.
    Lendo likes this.
    07-01-13 04:48 PM