I'm almost constantly getting the message ' the server imap.aol.com is not responding. The server name ... might be incorrect.' The password in the settings is also incorrect. I've changed it many times, but it just reverts back. I've deleted the account, restarted the PB and added AOL again, but the message still appears. I'm receiving email most of the time, but only receive new email after I've refreshed half a dozen times. My calendar also won't synch from my Curve. I'm not having this problem with my hotmail account, so is this an AOL problem? Any suggestions to resolve this really annoying problem?
    06-02-13 11:01 AM
    I unfortunately cant help you, other than to say my mothers iPhone does the same thing from time to time with AOL. Not sure what the issue is, as I have an old AOL account setup on my Z10 and never have issues.
    06-02-13 11:27 AM
    AOL got bought out by yahoo end of april and that seemed to change settings
    In the end after lots of googling I found this page and following log ins worked with my z10
    What Are the AOL Mail IMAP Settings? - About Email
    lynn106uk likes this.
    06-02-13 11:29 AM
    I'm almost constantly getting the message ' the server imap.aol.com is not responding. The server name ... might be incorrect.' The password in the settings is also incorrect. I've changed it many times, but it just reverts back. I've deleted the account, restarted the PB and added AOL again, but the message still appears. I'm receiving email most of the time, but only receive new email after I've refreshed half a dozen times. My calendar also won't synch from my Curve. I'm not having this problem with my hotmail account, so is this an AOL problem? Any suggestions to resolve this really annoying problem?
    This problem will start to occur with all mail servers in the near future but it's easy to fix!
    06-02-13 11:37 AM
    Want to share...?
    06-02-13 12:25 PM
    Want to share...?
    Mmmmmmmm no....
    06-02-13 01:02 PM
    Please. Just to prove Scots have manners.
    06-02-13 01:32 PM
    AOL still exists? I thought they went bust in like the 90s together with dial-up Internet! Dude, maybe it's time to change?!?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:46 PM
    AOL still exists? I thought they went bust in like the 90s together with dial-up Internet! Dude, maybe it's time to change?!?

Posted via CB10
    Ugh, ? it's an email address, it's free like all the rest.

People say the same thing about BlackBerry too...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-03-13 12:10 AM
    Ugh, ? it's an email address, it's free like all the rest.

People say the same thing about BlackBerry too...

Posted via CB10
    Well played!
    LLAmos likes this.
    06-03-13 07:36 AM
    it works for me with the following setting (and I love my retro aol account...):

email address: [email protected]
    IMAP-Username: [email protected]
    IMAP-Password: your aol password
    In-Server: imap.(de.)aol.com (I guess, de. is just for Germany)
    Security: SSL (Port: 993)
    Out-Server: smtp.(de.)aol.com (I guess, de. is just for Germany)
    SMTP-User name: [email protected]
    SMTP-Password: your aol password
    Security: TLS (Port: 25)

good luck
    todbanner likes this.
    08-15-13 08:24 AM
    Lets check your account details first. be sure, you are typing the correct username and password for your aol account.
    If you have any doubt on it, you need to go ahead and reset the password first. then again you should try to configure your account on mail application.
    For more information you may visit: <a href="https://www.downreporter.com/blog/fix-cant-sign-aol-mail-aol-mail/">how to fix aol email login problems </a>
    01-09-19 12:12 AM
    Lets check your account details first. be sure, you are typing the correct username and password for your aol account.
    If you have any doubt on it, you need to go ahead and reset the password first. then again you should try to configure your account on mail application.
    For more information you may visit: <a href="https://www.downreporter.com/blog/fix-cant-sign-aol-mail-aol-mail/">how to fix aol email login problems </a>
    You do realise how old this thread is right?
    POP works.

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    01-21-19 03:55 PM