So I purchased this Cygnett Lavish Earth BlackBerry Playbook case. As you can see, it covers the Bezel BUT I found an image of the same case that DOESNT cover the bezel on a Canadian forum.

Are the model numbers different? Is the correct case only sold in Canada? Why would Cygnett advertise THIS case on their site, if they made another one that doesn't cover the bezel?

Lavish Earth - Tablet

on the Canadian forum:

[Elect] BlackBerry PlayBook accessory deals thread (clearance, 50% off, updates on 1st page) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

03-01-12 03:48 PM
    Targus makes that case and it does not cover the bezel.
    03-01-12 04:01 PM
    Targus makes that case and it does not cover the bezel.
    In Purple? Im looking specifically for a Purple case.
    03-01-12 04:03 PM
    From the images those look like completely different cases. The top one is likely intended for the Kindle Fire, not the PlayBook.
    03-01-12 06:41 PM
    Ya that's a Kindle case
    03-01-12 07:18 PM
    From the images those look like completely different cases. The top one is likely intended for the Kindle Fire, not the PlayBook.
    When I received the case the packaging says that its for the Blackberry Playbook

It even has a cutout for the camera on the back of the case too.

Im so disappointed. I really love the quality and color of the case, but its pretty much useless
    03-02-12 10:14 AM
    When I received the case the packaging says that its for the Blackberry Playbook

It even has a cutout for the camera on the back of the case too.

Im so disappointed. I really love the quality and color of the case, but its pretty much useless
    This is my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I think when the Kindle Fire came out some accessory manufacturers took the opportunity to make cases that they thought would be compatible with that and the PlayBook, since the size and design are so similar. They didn't bother to research the PB and see that the bezel needs to be accessible.

If you got it from Cygnett directly, I'd request a refund.
    03-03-12 01:09 AM
    This is my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I think when the Kindle Fire came out some accessory manufacturers took the opportunity to make cases that they thought would be compatible with that and the PlayBook, since the size and design are so similar. They didn't bother to research the PB and see that the bezel needs to be accessible.

If you got it from Cygnett directly, I'd request a refund.
    I think you're right. There are a lot of cases that have been reduced in price because of this reason.

When I ordered my PlayBook I didn't know the bezel was capacitive and I ordered my case the same day.

Unfortunately, I bought my case on Ebay, but on Cygnett's site, they are still selling the same case that covers the bezel even though they make one that does not.
    03-03-12 11:40 AM
    Update: I contacted the company and they told me that they DID have earlier models of this case that covered the bezel and has since re-designed them.

They were very nice and offered to send me their updated case.

I got it last week and it fits perfectly!

So If you order from Cygnett they will ship the correct case!
    03-21-12 11:50 AM
    yea, I'm sure they had to redesign, probably after a lot of angry emails from customers.
    03-21-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD