camera - sequential numbering

Is there a way to have the camera set to wequential numbering.?

When I take photgraphs ther are in sequence 00001 00002 00003 etc. If I transfer them to my PC and continue to shoot thend the sequence continues. However if I delete after transfer the camera begins from 1, 2, 3 etc again. I lost quite a few of my initial photographs until I began to put them into date folders.

Most other phone, tablet cameras have continuous sequential numbering regardless of deletion. Is this possible to set up on the Playbook? If so, how do I do it please?

Thank you

Regards

Ross
    05-16-13 03:23 AM
    If I recall, that change in how numbers (names) are assigned was changed in one of the OS updates (I could be wrong). I don't think there is any setting that can alter the scheme/method. You just have to manually FIX things yourself by using caution and rename as necessary or move to different folders - sorry.
    05-16-13 09:35 AM
    The android camera app, which is already on your PB as part of the android runtime, names photos according to date and time (thus, a pic named IMG_20130516_095718 was taken on May 16, 2013, at 9:57:18 AM). The app can be launched by Quick App Manager or Ghost Commander, but probably the easiest way to launch it is thru "Gallery for Blackberry Playbook" (open the app, then tap the camera icon in the top right cornet). These apps are all free in app world.
    05-16-13 10:08 AM
    Thank you Pacoman03 and F2

I have installed the gallery as suggested and will be using the original camera. It may be that using 'Advanced camera' has created the problem. Will let you know the result in due course.

Thank you.

Ross
    05-16-13 02:20 PM
    Thank you Pacoman03 and F2

I have installed the gallery as suggested and will be using the original camera. It may be that using 'Advanced camera' has created the problem. Will let you know the result in due course.

Thank you.

Ross
    I don't think Advanced Camera is the issue. I THINK I recall someone complaining that if they moved or deleted a photo somewhere earlier in the number sequence, that a new photo took that lower number making it hard to group "today's" and "tomorrows" when the numbers are out of order. Again, just a recollection.
    05-16-13 03:49 PM