I posted this in another thread and thought others might enjoy this simple trick.

I use by Bold flashlight app that lights the flash and then lay my Bold against the back of my playbook to illuminate the subject. You can hold it with one hand flat against it because the lens it at the top. You can also put the camera in video mode with lighting on (it stays on even if you are not recording video)and use this rather than an app (I prefer an app but this is an option on my Bold)
    The Bold has a great light, I am not sure on other models. I am sure you could even use some Android phones or God forbid an Iphone.
    07-10-12 06:55 PM
    I did similar with my torch on xmas morning when the kids opened up their presents, but I did record on both devices to compare them. Playbook at 1080 is tough to beat.
    Zildjian71 and rotorwrench like this.
    07-10-12 09:46 PM
    I posted this in another thread and thought others might enjoy this simple trick.

I use by Bold flashlight app that lights the flash and then lay my Bold against the back of my playbook to illuminate the subject. You can hold it with one hand flat against it because the lens it at the top. You can also put the camera in video mode with lighting on (it stays on even if you are not recording video)and use this rather than an app (I prefer an app but this is an option on my Bold)
    The Bold has a great light, I am not sure on other models. I am sure you could even use some Android phones or God forbid an Iphone.
    Brilliant minds think alike. Posted a few months ago, but I use an LED keyring light. Any concentrated light source on the sensor will work. I've used it quite a bit
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 07-11-12 at 08:04 AM.
    jafobabe and Zildjian71 like this.
    07-10-12 11:38 PM
    You guys are just too cool. Thanks to all of you.
    07-11-12 01:34 AM

Lol I do this too!

And my curve 8900 had an awesome light on it too, don't know about other models though.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-11-12 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD