My playbook es over 1 year old so I cannot return it to the store,

And recently I am having issues with the Camera,

- Screenshot are working fine (vol+ and vol-)
    - Video Chat is working.
    - Taking pictures with camera app and other apps that access the cam (like PicShop or QR scanner) are not working. (blackscreen)
    -Shooting Video is not working. (BlackScreen).

When I try to take a picture I receive a error.4003 picture or a message "Camera is in use".

I have reinstalled OS, and recently i upgrade it to the Beta 2.1, but same issue
    Cam just works with videochat, but I cannot take pictures or Record Video.

What can I do? are you having a similiar issue?
    06-02-12 12:54 PM
    A few other folks have had that issue. No one has come up with a solution although I think someone managed to roll back and OS version (Bounce... - search for him).

I recently got an rma from rim even though I was beyond my one year warranty. So they might help you.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    06-02-12 01:02 PM
    Have you of has anybody found a fix for this because this recently happened to my PlayBook when I installed OS 2.1
    10-10-12 03:54 PM
    Have you of has anybody found a fix for this because this recently happened to my PlayBook when I installed OS 2.1
    I'd suggest giving rim a call at the number listed above - good luck.
    10-10-12 05:01 PM
    My playbook es over 1 year old so I cannot return it to the store,

And recently I am having issues with the Camera,

- Screenshot are working fine (vol+ and vol-)
    - Video Chat is working.
    - Taking pictures with camera app and other apps that access the cam (like PicShop or QR scanner) are not working. (blackscreen)
    -Shooting Video is not working. (BlackScreen).

When I try to take a picture I receive a error.4003 picture or a message "Camera is in use".

I have reinstalled OS, and recently i upgrade it to the Beta 2.1, but same issue
    Cam just works with videochat, but I cannot take pictures or Record Video.

What can I do? are you having a similiar issue?
    Every indication is that RIM knows about the camera bug. I was advised on these forums to call customer support when my camera went south (very similar symptoms) and that RIM would help me... which they did. They extended my warranty by 3 months to cover this. My Playbook is on it's way back as we speak.

By the way, nothing I tried restored my camera. Call RIM. They are very good to deal with.
    10-10-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD