I looked around and didn't find any thread that has this in it so I apologize if this has been asked already.

I've always wondered what the "A" is in the top left corner of the camera app on the PlayBook. It can't be auto focus because there is no hardware to support it. Anyone know?

Here is a screen shot of the viewfinder.
    Attached Thumbnails The "A"  in the camera app?-img_00000033.jpg  
    01-13-13 12:26 PM
    It means Auto. if you drop down the top menu it gives several options...A = Auto, Running man = Action, and Whiteboard
    01-13-13 12:32 PM
    Ok I feel like a dummy now, but thanks for the info. I've never used any special settings in the camera app before. Even though I've seen them up there this whole time I just never put 1 and 1 together.

Thanks.
    01-13-13 01:44 PM
    we all do it
    01-13-13 02:02 PM
    If you use your camera a lot you should check out advanced camera in appworld. There is a free and a paid version. Packed with features such as burst and zoom while shooting video among many others.
    01-13-13 06:30 PM
    If you use your camera a lot you should check out advanced camera in appworld. There is a free and a paid version. Packed with features such as burst and zoom while shooting video among many others.
    Free version is not currently available in app world, but according to the developer, should be there tomorrow (Monday). The free version limits video recording to 15 seconds. The paid version is only 99 cents and is well worth the money, considering that there are 99 cent camera timer apps available and Advanced Camera includes timer capability along with burst camera mode and zoom video recording capability. I, for one, had been looking for video zoom for some time. Now I've got it.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-13-13 09:26 PM