i m surprised that my PB pre-order with Staples Canada isn't cancelled yet...anyways, as a pre-caution, i have also pre-ordered with Best Buy Canada in case my PB pre-order with Staples Canada is cancelled.....oh well....bye bye staples.....
    04-05-11 10:58 PM
    i m surprised that my PB pre-order with Staples Canada isn't cancelled yet...anyways, as a pre-caution, i have also pre-ordered with Best Buy Canada in case my PB pre-order with Staples Canada is cancelled.....oh well....bye bye staples.....
    If they can cancel your order after a week, I'm sure they can cancel your order 2 days before release.

Don't let Staples ruin the magical day of April 19th.
    04-06-11 12:29 AM
    Yeah, the over one week to cancel them is the thing that really angered me. If it had been the first day or so when the order was still processing I would have just said "Meh" and went to best buy with no issue.
    Same here. They actually said to me that the amount of time they take to notify me is not an issue. Because I paid them no money. That it's a pre order.

I told them it is the BIGGEST issue, and they must not know how pre-orders work.

I also asked them that since they are so sure playbook doesn't fall under the laptop category, can they please tell me how they define what a "laptop" is.
    They ignored the question. I asked them again, they ignored the email.

That's fine, it'll just be added to the list on my report to the competition bureau that they refused to cooperate, and define what their coupon actually applied to.
    04-06-11 10:35 AM
    are there anyone else out there who haven't heard from staples canada about their PB pre-order being cancelled? regardless of whether using a generic $50 dollars off coupon and weekly $20, $25, $30 or $15 coupon?
    04-06-11 03:04 PM
    It's just funny how they lumped tablets in with PCs and Laptops in the US (per my previous post/picture), yet refuse to acknowledge that it is either/or in Canada...

Strange disconnect...poor customer service. Meh
    04-06-11 03:37 PM
    are there anyone else out there who haven't heard from staples canada about their PB pre-order being cancelled? regardless of whether using a generic $50 dollars off coupon and weekly $20, $25, $30 or $15 coupon?
    I had orginally order the PB using coupons I got in the mail for X amount off an order over X. (Think I had a $30 coupon and a $15 coupon). Then, when I heard about the $50 coupon, I reordered it as I had another $15 coupon (so $65 off) and called Staples to cancel the first order.

When they cancelled the first order, everything was fine with the $65 off order which just goes to show you they changed their policy AFTER the coupons were accepted.

Last week like everyone else, I got the email saying they weren't accepting the $50 coupon so I called to complain and asked if I could reactivate my cancelled order with the $30 and $15 off coupons and was told no problem. Did the order over the phone and got confirmation.

That was on April 1st and no follow-up since then. If they cancel it after doing it on the phone (since they can't use the excuse of a system accepting the coupons when it shouldn't), well I'll definitely file a complaint.

Should probably do a backup order through BestBuy anyways.

I would never order from Staples in the first place and only did so because they were accepting coupons and if they keep on screwing people around I hope people boycott them and they pay a price in their profits.
    04-06-11 04:11 PM
    Hey Brit, did you get an email from Staples that detail every other item you've ordered but the PB?

And they gave you other suggested items you may be interested in in regards to the one you received (ink)? They gave me other suggested items in regards to my ruler, but nothing about the PB.
    04-07-11 10:03 AM
    No other follow up e-mail other than the first order confirmation one.

That suggested items page is the same for everyone.

Hey Brit, did you get an email from Staples that detail every other item you've ordered but the PB?

And they gave you other suggested items you may be interested in in regards to the one you received (ink)? They gave me other suggested items in regards to my ruler, but nothing about the PB.
    04-07-11 10:17 AM
    applied $20 off original
    call to fix / to apply $50 off (had to remove the $20 off coupon)
    checked last week (ask them to send me invoice) after all the online panic, still had $50 off applied, was assured it was ok...
    silence every since.

Edit: I spoke to soon. I'm not canceling my order and going to bestbuy.
    Last edited by ignites; 04-07-11 at 12:30 PM.
    04-07-11 10:37 AM
    the very last communication i have from staples canada was back on april 1st...haven't heard anything from them at all...i am just assuming that my order is still in place....don't really care anymore if they decide to cancel it or not...i have also pre-ordered a unit with best buy canada in store.....however, if staples still ship my pb pre-order, great!
    04-07-11 01:23 PM
    No other follow up e-mail other than the first order confirmation one.

That suggested items page is the same for everyone.
    Hmm interesting cause they stated my ruler and cost... I guess I'm in the same boat now. If it comes, it comes.. and if it doesn't it doesn't.
    04-07-11 01:32 PM
    Got another note from Staples today. Basically it says the same thing as the first cancellation note. But now the date for me to contact them what to do with the order is extended to April 11th (from April 4th in the original note) - I thought it was already cancelled at this point....

please let us know either by phone or email no
    later than end of business Monday, April 11th. If you do not contact us
    your order will be canceled and your credit card will not be charged.
    I guess they are hoping for some of us the initial anger has subsided and we would still keep the order with them given more time....

Well, Staples, I went to Best Buy today and pre-ordered a 32 Gig PB. I wanted to maybe go to The Source but the 4X BestBuy reward points are a great incentive (however only a small consolation for the hassle Staples has put many of us through).

AR
    04-07-11 05:10 PM
    I have not ordered from anyone yet, but the one thing I will say, is that a massive amount of returns can hurt a company, because they can not resell as new. It can make them think about the way they treat customers.
    04-07-11 09:04 PM
    I have not ordered from anyone yet, but the one thing I will say, is that a massive amount of returns can hurt a company, because they can not resell as new. It can make them think about the way they treat customers.
    how can they return something which was never sold, its just a pre order, someone else will buy it after or before launch date, so techincally it is still new
    04-07-11 09:20 PM
    how can they return something which was never sold, its just a pre order, someone else will buy it after or before launch date, so techincally it is still new
    I think he means returning opened merchandise.

If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days (computers and laptops within 14 days) in saleable condition in its original packaging (including UPC code, manual, parts and your receipt or packing slip), for a full refund or replacement
    Well, since Playbook is not a computer or a laptop (according to them) , perhaps you have 30 days. lol
    (although i'm SURE they will change their tune when you try and return it. I'd stick to the 14 days. I guess they'd say "it's a computer" ... )
    04-08-11 09:32 PM
    I cancelled my order with Staples.ca because of the $50-coupon and now my credit card was charged for $52.50 ($50 + 5% GST) on 4/4 BUSINESS DEPOT DIRECT MISSISSAUGA ON. What the heck?? Anybody else??!! Fraud!!!
    04-09-11 11:26 AM
    So, I changed my pre-order to best buy on april 2nd after I heard from staples.

Now the delivery estimate at best buy has changed from april 21 to: 04/07-04/18/2011

I hate staples....
    Last edited by doug1010; 04-09-11 at 10:13 PM.
    04-09-11 07:09 PM
    I cancelled my order with Staples.ca because of the $50-coupon and now my credit card was charged for $52.50 ($50 + 5% GST) on 4/4 BUSINESS DEPOT DIRECT MISSISSAUGA ON. What the heck?? Anybody else??!! Fraud!!!
    are u sure.... there no such thing as GST anymore... it should just be HST....
    04-09-11 07:15 PM
    He's in Alberta.... GST exists - HST does not.
    04-09-11 07:27 PM
    So, I changed my pre-order to best buy on april 2nd after I heard from staples.

Now the delivery estimate at best buy has changed from april 21 to: 04/07-04/18/2011

god I hate you staples.
    What I want to know is where do you see the estimated delivery date?!

This is all that mine says

04-09-11 07:43 PM

LOL i love your half-assed attempt at hiding ur info... did you know about the drag and click to delete? lol!
    04-09-11 07:57 PM

Oh, i'm talking about my best buy pre-order
    I pre-ordered from there after I heard staples is canceling my coupon...

I asked best buy why they changed my delivery estimate, and they said:
    "It appears as though the Blackberry Playbook is currently on backorder."

Last edited by doug1010; 04-09-11 at 10:24 PM.
    04-09-11 10:17 PM
    Doug: I don't understand. Isn't changing your delivery estimate from April 21st to April 18th a good thing?
    04-10-11 07:34 AM
    Doug: I don't understand. Isn't changing your delivery estimate from April 21st to April 18th a good thing?
    o.o!!!
    Ok, I just must be incapable of counting months LOL
    I dumb -.-;

Right after I place my order at best buy, the delivery estimate was something like April 21st to may 3rd, so my brain just thought "The delivery estimate can only be pushed back since I ordered late." So I was reading it as MAY 18th >_<
    I was already thinking of where i could stop on the morning of april 19th to try and pick one up. lol

What's worse was, I'm having it delivered to where I am working and we are moving at the end of april so i was thinking "ah now i may have to change where it's being delivered to as well... i wonder if that's possible"

Thanks wayoung! LOL I was really worrying about it. So that means they changed the estimate and may ship it EARLY. Haha i hope it's true.

Wow that's good news anyway. I'm so happy now. lol!

I just checked and they changed the Estimated Arrival again. Now it's "04/06--04/17/2011"
    o.O That's kind of odd. So that's last Wednesday to next Sunday... Wonder if it's messed up.
    I should ask my friend at RIM if they are shipping pre-orders early by chance.
    Last edited by doug1010; 04-10-11 at 08:54 AM.
    04-10-11 08:51 AM
    Got another note from Staples today. Basically it says the same thing as the first cancellation note. But now the date for me to contact them what to do with the order is extended to April 11th (from April 4th in the original note) - I thought it was already cancelled at this point....

I guess they are hoping for some of us the initial anger has subsided and we would still keep the order with them given more time....

Well, Staples, I went to Best Buy today and pre-ordered a 32 Gig PB. I wanted to maybe go to The Source but the 4X BestBuy reward points are a great incentive (however only a small consolation for the hassle Staples has put many of us through).

AR
    Even though they said they would cancel the order by the 11th of April, my order still shows up on their web site (with the ominous $50 coupon still applied).

AR
    04-15-11 06:17 PM
150 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD