I just called Netflix, thinking that now might be a good time to put some pressure on for a PlayBook app. There are lots of new PB owners. The rep I spoke with said that it is on a plan with no ETA but that people calling in and requesting the development team be reminded of people wanting it makes a difference. The number is 866-501-1604 if you have a few minutes. If you go through Contact Us on their website, you get a code to enter and your call is answered faster.
    12-25-11 12:14 PM
    Unfortunately...Netflix will not be making a PB app until they feel as though RIM will get QNX going, and with BB10 posponed it will be a long wait...Amazon is doing the same thing to us (BlackBerry users) they pretend as though we don't exist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 12:28 PM
    I think there is an issue with the DRM API's that are needed for this type of app are not open yet in the current OS (some developers have mentioned this on CB recently). Maybe OS 2 will fix this. RIM needs to get the Playbook OS more fully completed before we beat up on the app developers IMHO. Can't expect developers to fully support a platform that RIM has been slow to get rolling.
    12-25-11 12:34 PM
    Isn't there a better movie app to request aside from netflix?
    annamarialuann likes this.
    12-25-11 02:35 PM
    Amazon Prime works perfect in the PlayBook browser.
    12-25-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD