So there are stores around me with the 32GB in stock, apparently BB didn't get 64GB models cause I'm seeing people that ordered in March also got backorder status. I'm trying to decide if I should call up BB and have them modify my order to 32 and in store. I can't cancel because I used $35 in Reward Zone points, well I could but don't like throwing away money. Who else out there that wanted a 64GB in the same predicament?

Extremely pissed off that BB even listed the 64GB model when they apparently weren't getting any.
    04-19-11 06:26 AM
    It seems to be 32 and 64. They say they have to wait for their system to update again.
    04-19-11 07:05 AM
    I just called and the operator told me that my 64 gig is on back order. She then said she would look at my local stores and they won't get them until May 10th. I have $285 dollars in rewardzone bucks and do not want to go to Staples because of it.
    Why preorder if they can not fulfill the order. I am so pissed at both companies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 07:10 AM
    You shouldn't lose your Reward Zone points permanently. I had a similar experience - I ordered the 64 within hours of announcement and used $35 RZ points. Cancelled the next day and preordered a 32. RZ points were not showing up then, and don't yet show up, but a local BB cust. service rep told me they will be re-issued at the start of the next cycle (I think the RZ site says ~35 days).

I haven't yet seen my points replenish, but I don't think they will take them away if you cancel. They just have a slow system and even new purchases take 35 days to show up in your RZ account. You earned them and it would be a bad customer service move to take them away.
    04-19-11 07:16 AM
    The points won't go away just I am getting the 64 gig for $451 dollars because of the points. If I go to Staples or anywhere else I would just lose the savings I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 07:23 AM
    I had no change in my 32gb PB order as of last night and I had ordered on day 1 last March. . Since I ordered for home delivery, I knew it obviously wasn't on it's way to me today, so I cancelled and ordered a 16gb from Staples. FREE delivery on Friday! No local Staples or BB, have any available for in-store pickup today so they must have sold out!
    04-19-11 07:25 AM
    I have a 64GB from both best buy and futureshop in canada already shipped and on the way to my house...One is going back if you want to make the trip to Canada :-)
    04-19-11 07:27 AM
    I am pissed that I preordered a Playbook from Best Buy which is where Blackberry directed me and when checking the status of the preoder today, I see that if is BACKORDERED. How does that happen? You would think RIM would have shipped enough to the company that you partnered with to do the presales, I BET THEY HAVE THEM ON THE SHELVES IN THEIR STORES AND HAD I NOT PREORDED I WOULD HAVE ONE TODAY. You would think that they would make sure the preorders were filled first because then what is the logic behind preordering, this is a **** poor way of doing business and they should get on BEST BUY FOR NOT SHIPPING THE PREORDERS FIRST
    04-19-11 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD