In every simple phone the Date on calendary icon is change But on my playbook now Shows always the Date 31.....????????? Is this normal?????
    TVDinner likes this.
    03-25-12 07:01 AM
    I always wondered why the PlayBook's calendar icon couldn't update to show the current date...seems like a standard function nowadays
    TVDinner likes this.
    03-25-12 07:06 AM
    I'm sure it will, some day. The OS is still in its infancy, so this and many other glossy but largely useless features are still in the works.

The full date is always shown in the status bar anyway, so I suspect you can limp along without it for a while longer... ;-)
    03-25-12 08:06 AM
    The full date is always shown in the status bar anyway, so I suspect you can limp along without it for a while longer... ;-)
    like Peter said, the full date is in the status bar, and the majority of people wont have the calender in the icon bar and would have to at least swipe up to get to see the calendar, so it really is an unnecessary addition. at least until the UI is customisable enough to not show the clock/date on the top bar.
    03-25-12 08:44 AM
    Just an icon dude..but since we're nitpicking...the crackberry app icon always shows CB, even on different days. And the browsers icon always has the arrow pointing to the right even when it's on the left hand of the screen...i need help with this..
    03-25-12 09:31 AM
    Just an icon dude..but since we're nitpicking...the crackberry app icon always shows CB, even on different days. And the browsers icon always has the arrow pointing to the right even when it's on the left hand of the screen...i need help with this..
    Ahhh.... But.... The message app icon doesn't always looks the same now does it (you know,that asterix thingy)
    03-25-12 12:53 PM
    In every simple phone the Date on calendary icon is change But on my playbook now Shows always the Date 31.....????????? Is this normal?????
    Hmm. I replied to this on the day it was posted, but now my reply is gone. Dunno why it was deleted, since it contained nothing objectionable. Here's what it said:

The PB is functioning normally; I had to download an app on my BB to replace the static calendar app icon with one which shows the current date.
    03-25-12 01:45 PM
    Thats a dismissive answer. "its just an icon dude" and by now the Playbook has been out long enough for it to be in its infancy. I like the fact that my bb bold 9900 shows the actual date on the icon. It's a nice little feature and should definitely be on the Playbook.
    02-08-13 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD