Calendar not working with new Playbook Update...anyone has that issues...
    10-04-12 07:57 AM
    I had some issues switching from month view to weekly etc where the calendar didn't show up. Did a reboot and that's been fixed so far.

Trying out native email and calendar this morning. I got an application error where it said to close the application.

Not as fast as id expect after a long. awaited update.
    10-04-12 08:09 AM
    If your accounts are not "local" (i.e POP3 with server deletion after download against IMAP/Echange server hosted until you delete), then you might try to delete these accounts and set them back.
    Anyhow, I strongly suggest a backup and/or a sync using DM prior to do so.
    10-04-12 08:15 AM
    In my case, the calendar doesn't correctly sync to Facebook (shows no birthdays) and rebooting and deleting/readding the account doesn't help.
    There are already a few threads in RIMs support forum like this one.
    10-04-12 08:16 AM
    In my case, the calendar doesn't correctly sync to Facebook (shows no birthdays) and rebooting and deleting/readding the account doesn't help.
    There are already a few threads in RIMs support forum like this one.
    I have the same issue. I have deleted, reentered andrebooted an still no FB items in the calander.

That's one issue I have that is a pain.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-04-12 08:36 AM
    To all : swipe down while in the calendar app and check what calendar are displayed. May be that simple. Or not ...
    10-04-12 08:39 AM
    This what my calender looks
    10-04-12 10:56 AM
    I have no Facebook items in my calendar anymore either. Tried all the fixes above and am still getting no love.
    10-04-12 11:13 AM
    my videochat contacts are gone aswell.
    check yours.
    10-04-12 11:18 AM
    My calendar works, but the update removed my local calendar appointments.
    10-04-12 12:19 PM
    I am having the same issues. No Facebook events or birthdays. And I cannot switch from week view to another calendar view.
    10-04-12 12:29 PM
    My calendar works, but the update removed my local calendar appointments.
    Same here and I only use the local calendar. I did a back up before I installed the update. Is there a way I can restore the calendar appointments from this back up without reverting to the former OS? Perhaps one of the posters preaching about the importance of back ups could explain how.

Many thanks for assistance on this.
    10-04-12 05:00 PM
    Backed up Dtm / updated / restored. No local calendar, all entries gone. A years worth of manual entries gone, NOT cool. Fool me once ...
    Got lots of doubles of Pics and such that I have to go and delete. Going back to buying a wall calender.
    10-05-12 02:15 AM
    So, nnomad, you did a restore from your backup and it didn't bring back your local calendar entries at all? Not even the future appointments? Did it restore the old OS or just data you had backed up?
    10-05-12 04:39 AM
    Crap, so my video chat contacts are gone too... Have we figured out how to fix the calendar view issues? Anything?
    10-05-12 02:02 PM
    This what my calender looks
    Yup, I get the same thing. Haven't found a solution yet.
    10-05-12 03:32 PM
    Has anyone resolved any of these issues? Is wiping the PB the only option?
    10-06-12 10:10 PM
    Has anyone resolved any of these issues? Is wiping the PB the only option?
    Regarding the calendar's white screen, take a look at here.
    10-07-12 02:19 AM
    So, nnomad, you did a restore from your backup and it didn't bring back your local calendar entries at all? Not even the future appointments? Did it restore the old OS or just data you had backed up?
    Restored from backup.... no local entries, didn't have any future appointments. Same OS. Double set of pics and such. Guess since now FUBARed I can test adding future appointments and other things and see what happens when I backup and restore. Rim should remove / disable local calender as it can not be backed up or restored and is wiped on update. This is a FAILl on so many levels.
    10-07-12 06:58 AM
    I had PIM issues too, turned out it was a bad OS load. During the update step after a wipe, I got pushed down a 336mb update (usually I get 10-30mn).

PlayBook been working just fine after that.
    10-07-12 09:31 AM
    I couldnt get my gmail to connect for my native calendar and contacts. After trying resetting my router and everything else, I backed up and security wiped my Playbook this morning, then readded the account. Now it is working. Keeping my fingers crossed it will stay working.
    10-07-12 01:36 PM
    I wiped my PB and reset everything up. It solved all the issues I was having except the missing Facebook entries (events and birthdays)...
    10-07-12 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD