This drives me a bit crazy, love the native apps, like the new vertical layout in 2.1 but why can't I accept or create calendar invites. Even with 2.1 development upgrade it is a no go, to me this is a big short fall as 90 percent of things I book in my calendar are meetings or events with invites. My wife and I use Gmail just for this reason, we can schedule family events / tasks with meeting invites. I have to use my bb to do this, such a pain.
    06-03-12 04:58 PM
    When in the appointment, if you type the person's email in attendees that should send it to them.
    06-03-12 07:21 PM
    True, but that option is only there for the playbook native calendar, it is not there for Gmail or other calendars.
    06-03-12 07:33 PM
    It's there for my MSN acct
    06-03-12 07:38 PM
    This is what I get for local and for Gmail. I wonder if others are having this issue with Gmail as well.
    06-03-12 08:01 PM
    Okay, just added my man account and yes the attendees option is there, RIM really needs to pull up the socks on this. It is a bit frustrating that one service works, the next doesn't and this is rudimentary stuff. Hopefully this is addressed in an update.
    06-03-12 08:10 PM
    Found this in another thread.

"SOLVED: Here are instructions on how to solve the issue of not being able to invite attendees with gmail. I am sorry if someone else has posted this solution elsewhere.

Step 1: Go into the "Accounts" tab in the playbook options, select your gmail account and turn Sync Calendar to OFF

Step 2: In the "Accounts" tab, select "Add New Account"--> "Email, Calendar and Contacts"--> "Advanced Setup" --> "CalDAV".

Step 3: Enter in your account information
    Username = Full email address
    Email Address = Full email address
    Password = Your gmail account password
    Server Address = "www.google.com" (no quotes)

Then select "Save"

Step 4: Go to the Calendar App and try to invite someone...I have tested it on 2 personal Google accounts which are linked to gmail addresses. I also tested using a google calendar set up for work (user google name is my work email address), and it sends invites through my work email (IMAP) also set up on my playbook."
    06-03-12 08:13 PM
    Thanks, that gets me 1/2 way there as I can make and send out invites. However no luck on the processing of invites.
    06-03-12 08:28 PM
    It's known to be a problem with the Gmail calendar.. Maybe others. The workaround above gets the attendees to show up but still doesn't send the invitation. My yahoo calendar (which unfortunately I never use, works fine).
    06-03-12 08:48 PM
    Hopefully this will help. In the Z10 once you have created the event try editing it and you can add participants.

Wasted �1.50 buying an app which I thought might have it and an hour investigating but __________________________________________ "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    02-20-13 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD