I have read on some thread about how to restore deleted icons before resorting to a security wipe but can't find it now...no doubt due to panic! Something about putting all your icons into the dock and then doing a hard reset or something. But it doesn't make sense to me because you can only fit 6 icons in the dock! Perhaps there is something obvious I've missed? I luuurve my Playbook so.....

Can anyone help? I really find the calendar a necessity for keeping a grip on my life. If I do have to do a security wipe, can I still reload my apps from app world? I suspect yes, but am not completely sure....

Moral:. Don't let the teenage son with the fast fingers play with the icons!
    01-20-13 07:52 PM
    I had the same problem with accidentally deleting the native pictures icon, and after many multiple attempts, the only way I could fix the problem was to do a complete tablet wipe and restore. That was the only way for me to get my icons back into the app dock.
    01-20-13 09:43 PM
    I have read on some thread about how to restore deleted icons before resorting to a security wipe but can't find it now...no doubt due to panic! Something about putting all your icons into the dock and then doing a hard reset or something. But it doesn't make sense to me because you can only fit 6 icons in the dock! Perhaps there is something obvious I've missed? I luuurve my Playbook so.....

Can anyone help? I really find the calendar a necessity for keeping a grip on my life. If I do have to do a security wipe, can I still reload my apps from app world? I suspect yes, but am not completely sure....

Moral:. Don't let the teenage son with the fast fingers play with the icons!
    Certain apps "generally" can't be DELETED. I would think that is one of them.

The "trick" is only meant if you remove all icons from the dock. Your son did not do that or you'd see NONE and you'd get an error code message. Look around, maybe the icon is lower on the homepage - Swipe up to reveal stuff further down the screen. Or swipe from the right screen side toward the left to reveal a second (third, etc) pane or panel of icons off to the right.

Try

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    01-20-13 10:27 PM
    Thanks for both your responses - I may yet just do the wipe and restore.

F2, I thought the same as you - that they can't be deleted - because when you tap on all the icons to move them, the 'native' ones like calendar and pictures don't offer a trashcan icon for deletion. Somehow, it is just lost in homescreenland! I have checked up and down and side to side, emptied all my folders in case it was put in one by mistake, created new panes for icons off to the right and then gotten rid of them by emptying them(I only have 2 panes, just 2 boxes above my set of icons). There is nowhere else to look! Infuriating! And, as you say, I never let my dock be empty, so I can still move things in and out of the dock with no problem or error message.
    I'm a big fan of the reboot to solve problems, but the set (in order ) as you describe made no difference,
    For the time being, until I decide to do the big wipe (set aside the time to do it, I'm thinking...) I purchased AppDrawer on App world, which holds all the native apps in one screen - I can access the calendar from this. Why can't you simply go to AppWorld and install the calendar again? It makes no sense.....
    01-20-13 11:12 PM