ok ive tried working thru the multiple threads about outlook, gmail, calendars etc but im lost and confused on this now even more LOL

my understanding is that the native calendar app only allows attendees under the "playbook (local)" calendar and no other calendars work with the attendee option.

now i use gmail for my email, contacts (google voice integrated sprint) but i dont use google cal much until now.

i would like to be able to enter all my calendar events on my playbook using the "playbook (local)" calendar so i can use the attendees option on the pb and have it sync that to gmail so when i am near a computer i can look at gcal and see all my stuff.

(i dont really use gcal web interface when im out and about obviously and all my appointments are made while im away from a comp either with my bb or pb, and i dont care if the attendees show up on gcal's web interface or not..maybe i do idk but im a noob to gcal either way that part doesnt matter much to me atm)

is this even possible right now? ive tried setting up the gmail calendar on my pb separate from the normail gmail email, contacts, cal setup and still get nowhere
    read the activesync setup posts, tried deleting/readding accnts
    im just lost and think i might be digging myself deeper if i dont just ask specifically for what im trying to do

now i get the message sayin "playbook calendar has no email associated to it and it can not be one that is already setup"

i was thinking putting my gmail info there but wouldnt work because i already have the gmail setup...i dont want to lose my email + contacts just to get this working lol

any help or info is greatly appreciated. even if its just a THIS DOESNT WORK ANYWAY YOU TRY IT...YET

(posted in the playbook os forum by accident if someone could remove it from there and leave it here thanks)
    02-25-12 06:15 PM
    If you copy this link http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...09/index2.html it will take you to a thread that has some discussion surrounding this issue as well as the only partial solution I have found so far.

Hopefully Google and RIM can get together and get this issue solved properly.
    02-25-12 06:43 PM
    thats the last thread/solution i tried before posting.

do i have to do this when it says i need to set up an email for the default playbook cal?

i set it up in accounts then went back and didnt see it as a calendar anywhere in my calendar app -_-

i unchecked calendar from my gmail account in account settings
    then set up that suggested option

but when i went back i got the same "playbook (local) has no email address associated" or whatever it says and it says it cant be an email thats already used

so i got stuck right there...unless im just missing something or not understanding it right
    02-25-12 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD