Just wondering if there is a calendar function on the playbook (or a good app) that allows me to enter events, meetings, etc. and receive reminder notifications? I do not have a BB phone....
    01-03-12 11:54 AM
    Press the ‘TIME” located at the top center of the display. It’ll display a Calendar. Touch on the Calendar and you can set the alarm. That is about it.
    01-03-12 02:08 PM
    What EWY describes is presently the only option, aside from installing a third-party app.

The major 2.0 update coming in February, however, is expected to have a complete calendar with all those features as part of the "native PIM" (Personal Information Manager) that will be included with it. It will be a free update, and all you have to do to get it is... wait till February. The exact date hasn't been announced yet, so assume end of February to avoid disappointment.
    01-03-12 02:16 PM
    better yet... get a bb phone! My torch calendar & playbook are always sync'd using the bridge and the bb desktop software keeps it all sync'd and backed up with my laptop. When I get home, I just attach my torch to the laptop with the usb cord and the DS starts up and syncs it all automatically.
    01-03-12 02:23 PM
    I'd wait til the OS2 comes out in late feb, assuming it does come out at that time, or get a bb phone. Even if there is a decent third party app, it won't have an alarm feature unless you have the app running all the time. Once the OS2 comes out, if they do it the way they ought to, it should have alarms and all that nice stuff.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-03-12 02:26 PM
    better yet... get a bb phone! My torch calendar & playbook are always sync'd using the bridge and the bb desktop software keeps it all sync'd and backed up with my laptop. When I get home, I just attach my torch to the laptop with the usb cord and the DS starts up and syncs it all automatically.
    Thanks. The only option I would have is a Curve 8530 (since I use a pre-paid service, refusing to sign a commitment).... and from what I hear, that isn't a good choice.

Guess I'll wait for the update in February
    01-05-12 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD