Some sideload apps create a cache pictures (like tumblr, aldiko etc.). I occasionally delete these files one by one but it occurs again.
    This cache files shown in File Manager, Pictures tab . How can I stop this? I don't want see any cache pictures in File manager
    01-25-13 02:36 PM
    I have over 400 of these pictures - wondered where they came from. Is there a way to do a mass delete rather than 1 at a time?
    Thanks!
    01-26-13 08:30 AM
    To do a mass delete, first, you must find the folder where these pics reside. To do so, first, open file manager, put it in edit mode (pencil icon) and then choose one of the offending pics. A dialogue will pop up, asking if you want to delete the pic- do NOT choose "delete". Instead, write down the name of the pic, and then hit cancel. Now, install Ghost Commander from app world (other file manager will also do). Open Ghost, from the home screen, swipe down from the top, choose "Application", then "Settings", then "Toolbar Settings", then "Customize the Toolbar". Now scroll down and put a check mark next to "Search". Now go back back back (swipe along the bottom) etc until you get back to the homescreen. Now, tap on "Playbook Media", and then choose "Search" from the bottom toolbar (you may have to scroll the toolbar to the left). Enter the name of the pic that you previously wrote down in the "Search Criteria" box, and the tap OK. Ghost will then search for the pic, and will tell you the location of the pic. Now use Ghost to navigate to the folder where the pic resides. From here, you can multi-select pics in the folder and then delete from the toolbar. Repeat as necessary.
    01-26-13 09:09 AM
    I had used Ghost Commander a bit but did not know about the search feature. All these jpg were from the app Kayak which I had deleted from my PB Thank you for such detailed instructions. It worked great and I had no problems. Thank you again!
    01-26-13 01:47 PM
    I found path sdcard/android/data. Cache folder in here.
    Actually .nomedia file works in Android but doesn't work in QNX : Rolleyes:
    01-26-13 02:42 PM
    Kayak bothered me with a bunch of flags and plane icons. So using Ghost I deleted the whole folder at one time.
    01-26-13 09:45 PM
    Kayak bothered me with a bunch of flags and plane icons. So using Ghost I deleted the whole folder at one time.
    Can you explain this a bit more please? I did an OS update twice and ended up with a bunch of flags and airplane icons too once. I had NO IDEA how they got there. What exactly is Kayak? I take its an app? Maybe I downloaded it too once...but I really don't think so. Anyhow, I am interested in your experience because I had the same thing. I had another guy on the BB Support Forums have a similar experience but we can't figure out how these images got on our PB's.

Thanks!
    01-26-13 10:39 PM
    Kayak is an Android app used for travel searches and bookings. If you go to the Kayak app in the fiiles under it is a folder containing all the icons. Ghost Commander is an Android file manager which is very useful in dealing with Android info. Another useful app is Advanced Manager which helps checking on and killing some apps that insist on running in the background. Kayak, Ghost Commander and Advanced Manager are all available in Blackberry World at last check and were free. Pacoman is the Android expert so check back on his posts as to how to navigate in Ghost Commander.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    01-26-13 11:17 PM